Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default My B.I.L has made me proud

Good Morning PAFOA,

I just wanted to share a quick story with all of you as it is very encouraging to me and probably will be to you as well.

My Brother-in-law is a NJ transplant that has only recently taken an interest in firearms and the law surrounding them. We (my family) started him off slow with introductions to shooting sports and hunting which he has embraced and truely learned to love. He picked up on sporting clays like a natural and we bought him his first shotgun this past winter.

Since then, we have had several discussions regarding PA vs NJ firearm laws and he has taken it upon himself to learn the law and form an opinion. He has come around from the horrible indoctrination that is forced on people of NJ and has embraced the freedoms of our great state.

This past weekend he called me on Friday night to ask if I was interested in taking him to look at handguns because he was considering his first purchase. Of course I agreed, but encouraged him to get a LTCF first explaining the importance and the restrictions if he did not posses one. During the conversation he seemed very agreeable and knew more than I had expected.

As soon as the conversation had ended, I received a text. It was a photos of my B.I.L's PA LTCF. He had gotten one earlier that day. I was stunned! Not only did he do the research, but he formulated an opinion and acted on it.

With all this being said, we went to the LGS the next day and he is now the proud owner of a new G19 Gen4. As is accustom after any firearm purchase at least for me, we went to the range for some fun time. He put 300 rounds through it and loved every minute. We continued talking about PA law and the responsibilities of carrying to which he acted as a sponge as well as having some great insight. We talked about holsters and SD ammo among numerous other things. It was an amazing experience.

He is married to my only sister which is younger than me, and they are expecting their first child. I now know that my B.I.L is up for responsibilities of having a family and protecting his which is awesome because they are mine as well.

Thanks for reading!

ZSWARTLEY

Default Re: My B.I.L has made me proud

I'm calling BS.

J/K

Glad he is assimilating as any good transplant should. Leave the world you knew behind and embrace your new life. Wish more people would understand that.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

Excellent. I'd encourage him to take some self defense courses too. It will help his confidence as well as his skills.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Bucks County)

That's a good story, Z, and an encouraging one as well.
    Too often NJ transplants bring their dumb-ass liberal politics to PA with them.
    Love your country - Fear your government