Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther ccp?

Default Walther ccp?

Anybody get their hands on one of these? I am interested, but the skeptic in me is a bit cautious.

http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp/

Default Re: Walther ccp?

I have handled it but never fired one it felt good in the hand typical Walther ergo's which is a good thing.

Why are you a skeptic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have handled it but never fired one it felt good in the hand typical Walther ergo's which is a good thing.

Why are you a skeptic?
    I tend to shy away from 'new' products until they have been out for awhile. It seems as if many products hit the market before the bugs have been worked out. Think the first year of a new car model, or many of the new handguns that have come out - only to go through recalls.

I like what I read, but I value real experiences more.

Thanks!

It's been out for some time and the design is nothing new Gas delayed blowback (which is not the same as gas operated) has been around in firearms around 70 years. In handguns the HKP7, the Steyr GB, and I believe there was , a Chinese handgun ( which model I cannot remember) used this system. Back before Christmas I was considering one for my wife she ended up choosing a S&W Shield but if I remember correctly there are a few positive user reviews on Youtube.

Here's how the internals function.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 19th, 2015 at 07:56 PM.

The only thing I don't like is the take down. Other then that it's pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It's been out for some time and the design is nothing new Gas delayed blowback (which is not the same as gas operated) has been around in firearms around 70 years. In handguns the HKP7, the Steyr GB, and I believe there was , a Chinese handgun ( which model I cannot remember) used this system. Back before Christmas I was considering one for my wife she ended up choosing a S&W Shield but if I remember correctly there are a few positive user reviews on Youtube.

Here's how the internals function.
    Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Thanks for the information!
    No problem! It's nice to use some of the other wise useless information I have floating around in my head.

(Northampton County)

I handled one at a gun show a few weeks ago and it felt GREAT in the hand, but the trigger wasn't as nice as the one on my PPQ M2 . . . that turned me off a bit.

(Tioga County)

I did some reading on it and watched a few videos. In a nutshell it seems to be a modern day, lighter H&K P7. I'd consider buying one at some point, but I have some other guns on the shopping list first.

(Chester County)

Own a 1st gen P99 and was excited for the CCP's release until I saw the thumb safety. For me, that's a deal breaker. Same reason I never purchased a shield (now I don't have that excuse). Some argue that carry guns SHOULD have a safety but that's an argument like the 9mm vs 40S&W vs 45ACP debate.

Other than that, if you like Walther ergonomics then you won't be disappointed. I've handled one but I can't say anything further as I hadn't had the chance to shoot one.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast