Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear kills dog

(Westmoreland County)

Default Bear kills dog

Looks like Florida needs a Bear season.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news..._bear_dog.html

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Bear kills dog

Smokey carves another notch on his belt.

And I'm not talking about the one that lectures you on fire safety.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lancaster County)

Another government coverup, it obviously the florida skunk-ape that killed the dog.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

With a title like that, I was expecting another thread about a trigger happy cop.

Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Wayne County)

Bears, alligators, pythons oh my. Sucks to be Toby.

(Beaver County)

“I came across a large black bear, probably 600 pounds. I walked up to it, probably about 10 feet from it and it still wouldn’t move. I kept making noise at it, and then it slowly walked away – and there was my parents' dog,” said David Bentley.

You walked within 10 feet of a six hundred pound black bear. One that can outrun you easily even if you are much further away. One that already demonstrated it wasn't put off by humans and their houses. One that clearly isn't afraid of your silly walking_sandwich ass. I'm disapointed at the bear, for not eating this asshole.

The Bentley’s 5-year-old Yorkie named Toby was dead.

How does the dog's name matter to this story?

“It was pretty bad knowing that I had to bring the dog back here for my mother and father to see. That dog meant the world to them,” said Bentley.

So then don't. Bury the dog and tell them you found it dead under a bear that should very much have also eaten you.

The family said Toby was in an area close to their house near their garage when the attack happened. They said they didn’t even hear a bark. They believe the bear came up quickly and then dragged the Yorkie nearly 200 feet back into the woods behind their home.

The family, who know nothing about bears, guesses a bunch of details they couldn't possibly know to make this shit story longer. And then we printed that nonsense. <-- said the paper/news channel

“It was laying on it like it was prey. It wasn’t a bag of trash it dragged off. It was a live dog,” said Bentley.

It wasn't "like prey" it WAS prey. And it wasn't a live dog when you got there. You suck at telling stories.

“My little nephew is the same size as the dog that was killed, so it could’ve easily been him,” said Bentley.

Except that your nephew isn't outside roaming around like a dog. And also hopefully (and I know this isn't the case) you trained him to use his brain in areas full of bears. But you didn't, so he WILL get eaten by bears. Still wont matter that he's the same size as the dead dog. But you'll get twice the story when he's bear food. Congrats.

Bear stories make me absolutely mental. People, who should be APEX PREDATORS use almost none of their big brains to prepare for encounters with deadly animals. They just walk around like the future bear snacks that they are wondering when someone will come make them safe from everything bad in the world. A bear dipping in your pool or using your swing set or tearing off your screen door is NOT AWESOME AND FUN. It is a threat to your family. If you continue to act like nothing has changed after you damn well know dangerous animals frequent your property, then the world is better off when you get eaten. Good riddance stupid people.

I feel bad for the dog though.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Carbon County)

I have to agree. Some people are just stupid. Last summer there was a bear lost over in Lehighton. A crowd of idiots followed it around with cameras until it was cornered in an alley. The cops got there and got rid of the problem. The crowd. Once the bear was alone it found it's way out of town. I don't doubt the picture of the bear in the pool was "Cute" until it grabbed the dog. We have a lot of eagles in the area here and I won't let my puppy outside alone until she is bigger. You know you have a bear problem and you let the dog outside alone?
    Last edited by Gunplummer; March 19th, 2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

(Chester County)

A child the size of a yorkie?

now that I must see

(Montgomery County)

The guy deserves the idiot of the year award. He is quoted as saying:

“I came across a large black bear, probably 600 pounds. I walked up to it, probably about 10 feet from it and it still wouldn’t move. I kept making noise at it, and then it slowly walked away – and there was my parents' dog.”

Maybe I am a coward, but I have no intention of moving in on any bear, even a black one. As a photographer each year I do some work in bear country. I open carry and have bear spray too. I have seen my share of bears over the years, and I do never close on them. I am happy to report it worked and that I am still here.

(Bucks County)

Interesting. Bear has the dog, threat approaches within 10 feet, bear does not go into guard the food mode but just ambles off. Sounds like a nice-mannered, peaceful bear and I'm betting the dog was one of those yappy things that think they can take on anything and the bear had enough of the sonofabitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast