Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Saker 762 vs Surefire SOCOM RC 762

I have an older AAC 762SD 18T. Absolutely hate the mounting spring system. It is simply unreliable to stay on.

So I am eyeing up a new 762 suppressor with positive mounting options.

I narrowed it down to Silencer Co. Saker 762 or the Surefire 762 SOCOM RC.

It will be mounted on custom built precision rifles (SAC 30-06 bolt rifle [possibly 300WM in the future], .308 LR308 gas gun, .308 semi-custom hunting rifle) and a couple of AR15s.

Any input on either?

I know SF SOCOM RCs are more expensive. I plan on mounting QD muzzle devices on several rifles. I like their muzzlebrakes and flash hiders over the Trifecta mounts. Full size for better suppressor of larger calibers, like my 30-06 rifle. I have plans to rechamber to 300WM in the future. I believe I saw that the SOCOM RC was capable of handling Ultra Mags. Little to no POI shifts. Reports of less blowback gas.

Saker 762 is a couple hundred $ cheaper with the Trifecta MAAD mount. Trifecta FH and MB are cheaper since I am mounting it on several other rifles. Clearly states it is rated up to 300RUM. Predictable .5-1.5 MOA POI shifts from my readings. Smaller in size. Modular for mounting options/endcaps. I read some reviews of the mount getting stuck, possibly carbon buildup fusion? I do not have any muzzles that are recessed into handguards, so the lack of a push button release has no benefit for me.

I am currently leaning towards the SF SOCOM RC to better serve my precision rifles. The tried and true reputation of Surefire certainly doesn't hurt either.
    Last edited by FJR86; March 18th, 2015 at 11:32 PM.