Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Pittsburgh police issue 'how-to' for officer encounters

Has anyone seen this yet? I searched didn't find it on PAFOA.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...ounters/nkX3H/

The link has the download for each page but some of it is garbled.

Police have a right to inspect your "passenger compartment" on a car stop in search of a suspected weapon?

I'd like someone to take a look and see what else is wrong ......
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh police issue 'how-to' for officer encounters

It's horse shit.* Also, they can go fuck themselves with the whole "don't complain or tell a cop he's wrong" bit.

*good luck finding a judge who agrees with that.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

“So putting your hands on the wheel when they approach, turning off your car, turning on your dome light… Those may seem like little things, but they can make the difference between life and death,” said Walczak.

Is he saying that the cops will kill you if you don't do those things? Go ahead...keep poking the bear...
    NRA Life member 2/6/2013

(Berks County)

Maybe this is the prelims to the National Police Force. I wonder if they are doing this in the other guinea pig cities. COMPLY CITIZENS!

(Allegheny County)

So now getting pulled over for a traffic violation can be a matter of life or death, give me a fucking break with this Nazi bullshit.

What did we all expect too happen the media and left wing race baiters screamed and protested for months that police need to be retrained, did anyone actually think that the shit would not flow down hill to average citizens? This is what happens when the parents fail to teach their innocent college bound children any type of respect and to keep their hands off cops and their side arms.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 16th, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

We are your masters and this is how you MUST behave when we find a reason to intrude into your lives! If you fail to follow our procedures, you will suffer the consequences which may include a violent death.

(Lawrence County)

I think the worst part of this is they are going to indoctrinate this into our children's social studies classes! My son (7) already comes home from first grade saying things like, if a police man pulls me over, im just going to do everything he asks me to do! Needless to say, he and I had a LOOOOOOONG talk about this after I heard that. That kind of stuff is being force fed to our children in the FIRST GRADE! Are you kidding me!

I think its a bunch of horse shit and think its time we come out with our OWN pamphlet, entitled, "You work for US"

"Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post

Police have a right to inspect your "passenger compartment" on a car stop in search of a suspected .
    Two Pittsburgh police officers did just that to me a couple of years ago for a simple traffic stop.

I pulled over, I was very respectful and produced my DL, reg. and insurance upon the officers request.
    They opened my drivers door from the outside and gently pulled me out by my wrist and searched the driver and passenger side of my vehicle.
    The whole time I explained I did not give consent to search but the ignored me.

The only reason I can think of is being a clean cut white guy in North Side of Pittsburgh.

(Berks County)

Ummmm...... Hate to rain on everyone's piss party parade, but I didn't see anything that wasn't factual in those 5 pages.

Yes, passenger compartments can be searched without a warrant in many cases. Note how it said "if probable cause exists"

No, you're not required by any law to turn on your dome light and speak politely. But doing so is one step towards showing that you're not a threat. Being an argumentative smart ass is also well within your rights. But it never, ever changes the outcome of the interaction for the better.

And finally, yes, you should not argue or resist what you believe is an unlawful arrest. You'll still be arrested, and most likely will compound the situation into more serious charges. The place to argue is not on the street, it's in the courtroom.

http://law.justia.com/constitution/u...-searches.html A little info about vehicle searches.
    Last edited by jw34; March 17th, 2015 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast