Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Kim Stolfer article in the Sunday PG

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Can you or someone cite the law in question? I believe you but id like to read the text myself.
    I think this is it. They have a long list of "assault" weapons, as if criminals are running around with Daewoos and CETMEs.

http://ecode360.com/13706204

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I think this is it. They have a long list of "assault" weapons, as if criminals are running around with Daewoos and CETMEs.

http://ecode360.com/13706204
    Pittsburgh's short-lived ban on assault weapons, quashed by the General Assembly in 1994, is still on the city's books, and it may get new life under legislation driven by next month's G-20 summit.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/200908280162

This is the only reference I can find about Pittsburgh AWB.

Did PA get preemption in 1994 and was this one of the catalysts?
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

I was at that meeting when it was proposed and it was ugly to say the least. The Pittsburgh Police chief at the time was sitting two or three spots down from me.

He pulled a couple of the council people aside and let them know that they were on the wrong side of this bill. You're out numbered in here by at least five if not six to one on this bill (AWB). The backers wouldn't even open their mouths to speak for the bill due to the sheer number of people that were against it sitting in the room and standing out in the hallway.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/200908280162

This is the only reference I can find about Pittsburgh AWB.

Did PA get preemption in 1994 and was this one of the catalysts?
    Read the 1990's Preston Covey & ACSL vs City of Pittsburgh when the ACSL took the city to court and for ALL of the thousands of dollar spent (which never was replaced) the ACSL got an agreement from the City of Pittsburgh they wouldn't enact any more illegal firearm ordinances, which since that time the city of Pittsburgh have violated.

Trouble begins when you take local (law breaking) government to court its cost lots of CASH! and even IF you win the money for court ligation for groups like the ACSL is never replaced.

With no accountability when people in government get a free pass to commit criminal acts and violate state firearm laws. Sometimes for politics, to use the gun control agenda as a stepping stone for higher office.

Hence the reasons for act 192.

Go read the PAFOA threads over the numerous session years of the effort to enact this minimum accountability change in the law to at least make the locals obey state firearm laws & regulations with a slap on the wrist for only paying court cost if local ordinances are illegal.

http://www.acslpa.org/Court_Rulings/...mon_pleas.html

On the positive side

The Illegal city of Pittsburgh ordnance also gave birth to FOAC because it was understood the limitations of county sportsmen's organizations like ACSL to fight such legal battles and a more proactive approach on working on who get elected to office that makes the laws.

https://foac-pac.org/Mission-Statement

Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) is non-partisan, non-connected Political Action Committee organized to empower ‘all’ gun owners, outdoors enthusiasts and supporters of the 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution and Article 1 Section 21 and 25 of the PA Constitution with the tools and information necessary to protect freedom from transgression. FOAC was formed shortly after the City of Pittsburgh's illegal gun and ammunition ban of 1993. This was an active year for gun legislation in Pennsylvania (Act 84 of 1994-HB 185 the preemption law, Casey's gun ban) and the United States (Brady Bill, Assault Weapons Ban...). A number of those who fought the Pittsburgh gun ban realized that a more politically active role was necessary if we were keep our right to own and use guns. Our first informal meetings were at the Whitehall Borough Building where we have continued to meet on a regular basis. FOAC became a formal statewide Political Action Committee in early 1994.
    ~snip~

Kim Stolfer was the powerful force working to fight these illegal ordinances and creating FOAC way back in the early 1990's

There is a un written history on PA gun control, the players, the political efforts that most have no idea about not even the how and why PA has not yet fallen, like the flanking states have already. Mostly because they didn't have a dedicated un paid volueeter like Kim Stolfer that has fought so many battles for so many years.

Sadly, People have NO IDEA of what the cost has been to Kim Stolfer over the many years, that most falsely give credit to "Other Groups" for the thankless work people like Kim have done behind the scenes so that we can enjoy what we still got left in PA with your firearms.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lancaster County)

Kim is tireless in his efforts. The whole FOAC organization is. The first time I spoke with Kim it was a call made by myself to ask a question. He didn't know me from Adam but two hours later I had my answer and so much more! He is as passionate a person as I have ever met and I am privileged to know him. You may not agree with everything FOAC does but I can guarantee it is with OUR, as gun owners, best interest at heart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123