Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Idiocy in Print: "Attack Rifles"

Anyone on The High Road, pardon the cross post.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16613626.htm

Like the Police Department's hotline, the Crime Commission's will take anonymous calls around the clock from anyone who wants to report the location of an illegal gun.

It could be a machine gun or attack rifle, illegal for anyone to own; a weapon carried illegally by someone without a valid permit, or a gun owned illegally by a felon who has lost his right to own any kind of gun.

The Crime Commission will forward the tip to the police. If it leads to a gun seizure and an arrest, the commission will arrange for the tipster to get a $1,000 check within 72 hours, the organizers announced yesterday.
    WTF?

The guy's number is 215-854-5885. You might want to leave him a brief message and ask for clarification on the illegality of pre-86 SF weapons and "attack weapons," a term I'm as of yet unfamiliar with.

Or, you can write him here: warnerb@phillynews.com

(Chester County)

Default Re: Idiocy in Print: "Attack Rifles"

This is exactly what NYC did/does. Now people see an innocent guy coming home from the range with a rifle case and they drop a dime on him. The only problem is he is a legal gun owner. Oh who cares he can buy another door that they knocked down and he has plenty of money to get a lawyer. He has a job he is rich.

This is a perfect example of liberal policies not working. They are desperate to slove their crime problem they created. The only problem is they try to fix it with more stupid liberal policies and it doesn't get fixed. They will never admit they created this mess. It is the guns fault!!!

[quote=Furious Styles;26708]
    http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16613626.htm
    the Crime Commission's will take anonymous calls around the clock from anyone who wants to report the location of an illegal gun.

It could be a machine gun or attack rifle, illegal for anyone to own; a weapon carried illegally by someone without a valid permit, or a gun owned illegally by a felon who has lost his right to own any kind of gun.

The Crime Commission will forward the tip to the police. If it leads to a gun seizure and an arrest, the commission will arrange for the tipster to get a $1,000 check within 72 hours, the organizers announced yesterday.
    Muhahaha, its so anonymous, they make the check out to Mr Tipster Any one who believes it when the police say "Anonymous" is nuts, heck, when we call from an alarm central in a company that has over 500 phones in it, they can tell exactly what extention called them.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Erie County)

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...f-ak-47-a.html

I wrote a letter to that same online-paper when they had that article in it. They said "sawed off"...."AK-47"...."machine gun" turned out it was a shotgun.

They love using flash words to scare the public. I've come to notice this when reading any article they have on guns.

The new hotline is more generous than the old one. Under the city-funded program, cheap handguns normally rate only a $250 reward, while the $1,000 payoffs are reserved for more dangerous weapons, like shotguns or attack rifles.
    Of course if you get known, you wont have to worry about getting shot, you will have succesfully removed the gun from the bad guy... Just beware now of how you spend your money, cause he might still own a bowling ball or baseball bat, or golf clubs, all of wich dont make noise and are very lethal if used correctly, and best of all, all completely legal to carry 24/24!!!

Yup, I can just see it now, the pd gives some one a brand new $1000 and he gets drunk, very hurt, and who is now responsable for him? Good ol Mr You and Me who will be paying his medical bills!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy
    Just beware now of how you spend your money, cause he might still own a bowling ball or baseball bat, or golf clubs, all of wich dont make noise and are very lethal if used correctly, and best of all, all completely legal to carry 24/24!!!
    How will we be able to differentiate between the attack and the non-attack sporting implements?

(Lebanon County)

Now you lucky folks who live in Philly can hang out and wait for the Gestapo to kick your door in. What this needs is a good lawsuit to clean out the idiot fund. Any union electricians here? If so, that's your dues money going to fund this garbage. Let your displeasure be known!!

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Styles View Post
    How will we be able to differentiate between the attack and the non-attack sporting implements?
    Good question, I suppose the nurf type of balls will be safe, and the real thing will be unsafe... I wonder how Tiger woods would do with a nurf golf club... As for pro baseball... Some times you wonder if nurf wouldnt make them better

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Good question, I suppose the nurf type of balls will be safe, and the real thing will be unsafe... I wonder how Tiger woods would do with a nurf golf club... As for pro baseball... Some times you wonder if nurf wouldnt make them better
    of course, they would need so many more millions to use that equipment to keep their stats up

(Luzerne County)

My reply to the paper:

Attack Rifle Sighting Report

Actually, I have never seen or heard of an "Attack Rifle"...care to educate me as to what it is? Sounds intriguing....yet oh so dangerous!!! Kind of like a sharpened plastic butter knife in the wrong hands. Great "factual" story by the way lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast