Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Replacing Glock factory Night Sights

I have a question I hope someone may be able to answer. I have a Glock 21 Gen 2 with factory Night Sights. They are spent and need replaced. I have never seen the method that was used to install the front sight before. I guess it may be an early type of staked method, but I am not positive (see picture below). My question is, do I just flatten the edge and push it up & off? Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by hitt68fan; March 13th, 2015 at 09:52 PM.

Default Re: Replacing Glock factory Night Sights

The early Glocks up until the later Gen 3s are press/staked fitted with the standard and night sites.

To remove the front sight from the slide, position the front of the slide in an upside-down position over the edge of a table or workbench. Using a straight-shafted pin punch and a small hammer, tap the sight from the slide. If removing a staked on metal sight, use a strong steel punch. If necessary or desired, use protected jaw covers and lock the slide into a vise to perform this procedure.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 13th, 2015 at 10:19 PM.

(Pike County)

That is the factory installed staked front sight. I grab the sight with a Vise Grip pliers and work it left to right until comes lose and can be pulled out. Replacement front sights all most all use a screw type nut to hold them in.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the information. I just didn't want to bugger up the slide in the process.