Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gun-rights activist sparks ire with Rosa Parks comparison

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    While I think these protests on municipal property are ill-advised after the Erie fiasco, I agree that Rosa Parks is an apt comparison.

Montgomery, Alabama, had a city ordinance that required blacks to sit at the back of the bus, and to give up their seats to any white person.
    Among the first gun control laws in the US was the post Turner Rebellion laws that ban any black, free or slave, carrying any weapon. Virginia passed such a "law", so did Tennessee. Other such laws also forbade teaching slaves to read and write.

After the war the first "Saturday Night Special" laws, which banned cheap firearms, was passed in Georgia. Intended to disarm blacks and poor whites. Happened in the late 1800s. Jim Crow started around this time.

Today there is a race based form of gun control. Many of the folks who live in urban areas with gun control are often African American. In contrast suburban and rural areas that have white majorities the gun laws are weaker.

Here's more details on the racist roots of American gun control.

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html#7

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Among the first gun control laws in the US was the post Turner Rebellion laws that ban any black, free or slave, carrying any weapon. Virginia passed such a "law", so did Tennessee. Other such laws also forbade teaching slaves to read and write.

After the war the first "Saturday Night Special" laws, which banned cheap firearms, was passed in Georgia. Intended to disarm blacks and poor whites. Happened in the late 1800s. Jim Crow started around this time.

Today there is a race based form of gun control. Many of the folks who live in urban areas with gun control are often African American. In contrast suburban and rural areas that have white majorities the gun laws are weaker.

Here's more details on the racist roots of American gun control.

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html#7
    Wasn't NY's Sullivan Act aimed at the flood of uncouth Irish and greasy Italian immigrants (some of whom were my forebears, FWIW)?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Wasn't NY's Sullivan Act aimed at the flood of uncouth Irish and greasy Italian immigrants (some of whom were my forebears, FWIW)?
    Yep, and it was set forth by a guy who was an active criminal.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

We should just make crime more illegal, and set up crime-free zones! Then we will all be safe

(Chester County)

Wasn't NY's Sullivan Act aimed at the flood of uncouth Irish
    Damn Irish, they should be put on boats and sent back to Ireland. Oh wait, they run things now because they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. Imagine that novel idea.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Damn Irish, they should be put on boats and sent back to Ireland. Oh wait, they run things now because they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. Imagine that novel idea.

It's amazing what happens when you stop making excuses, get a little education, and work hard at something isn't it?

(Delaware County)

(Delaware County)

So, Who else is going today?

Lets make it a good showing. No long arms please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    It's amazing what happens when you stop making excuses, get a little education, and work hard at something isn't it?
    The excuse I've heard most often is that the Irish are different than African-Americans or Italians, because they were able to blend in and nobody could tell them apart from the other Americans. Unless they spoke. Or you knew that their name was "O'Flannigan" or "Corleone".

Of course, there's the obvious physical differences, they don't look like Anglo-Saxons, so it's impossible for them to be part of the system. Like the Asians, who run plenty of stores and factories and tech firms.

I really don't think that America excludes people from participation based on ethnicity or accent or funny names. If you work hard and obey the rules and be a producer instead of a parasite, your chances of success are better. Not guaranteed; plenty of people, white and black and yellow, worked for years and lost everything when their company folded, the stock market tanked, foreign competition swamped them, or new govt regs killed their industry.

If you work hard and obey the rules, you may succeed. If you sit back and make excuses, you will almost certainly fail. LBJ's Great Society has hobbled at least 3 generations of urbanites, by telling them that they can't succeed without cheating or gimmicking the rules.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

I can remember when I was stationed in Norfolk VA there were signs on the lawns of certain buildings and houses "Sailors and Dogs Keep Off the Grass". Get rid of them damn sailors too.

I guess back in the day of legal immigration when the officials actually obeyed the laws they made for everyone else. When you came to this country you needed a sponsor and had to be a useful member of society. I'm thinking the officials back then were looking ahead to a day when useful members of society would be supporting those that wouldn't lift a finger to do a damn thing for themselves and call everyone racists to get away with it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast