Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Question NFA Friendly Sheriff - Fayette County? ?

In a couple of weeks I plan on beginning my process to buy a Yugo M92 AK pistol and make it a SBR.
    I was wondering if some of you have experience with the Fayette county Sheriff and if he's known to sign off for CLEO on a BATF form 1 ?
    Also, can I have my finger printing done at his office?
    I tried finger prints done at the PSP office and the Uniontown police with no luck.

Last edited by Ricochet; March 11th, 2015 at 04:18 AM.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: NFA Friendly Sheriff - Fayette County? ?

I had my .22 suppressor paperwork signed with no problems. The sheriff wasn't in the office the day I stopped by so the staff took my papers, had the sheriff sign them when he got in, and then mailed everything back to me.

I also asked if I could have my fingerprints done there after being turned away from the state police barricks on route 119 by the pen state Fayette campus. Both the state police and the sherrifs office told me to go to Uniontown central booking. The fee was 20 or 25 dollars but they require a money order.

The police officers at central booking were polite. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to carry there due to it being a holding facility so I locked up my gun and left it in the truck. When they brought me back into the fingerprint room, one officer led the way while a second followed behind me and waited in the doorway.

I was expecting them to use ink for the prints so I removed my jacket and the second officer spotted my empty inside the waistband holster. He then stuck his hand into the holster for what I can only assume was an attempt to make sure it was empty. I explained how I wasn't sure about carrying there so I just left it in the truck.

Other then that, I had no issues. They just wet your fingertips with water and have you press them onto this glass screen.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I was expecting them to use ink for the prints so I removed my jacket and the second officer spotted my empty inside the waistband holster. He then stuck his hand into the holster for what I can only assume was an attempt to make sure it was empty.
    That's strange. I think you were violated.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    That's strange. I think you were violated.
    Yeah... I wasn't exactly thrilled when he did that but I just wanted to get my prints done and be on my way. The gun shop where I bought the suppressor gave me an extra printa card in case of mistakes. The first officer who actually did my prints let me do all 3 of the cards I brought and even gave me a 4th one for no extra charge. So next time I want to pick up another NFA item, I'll already have my fingerprint cards done.

(Allegheny County)

I went the "TRUST" route to by pass all the red tape that a individual goes through but I'm glad you guys had a good experience in doing the process. I can honestly say we are fortunate to have a cool Sheriff that supports our hobbies.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by bowkillpa View Post
    I went the "TRUST" route to by pass all the red tape that a individual goes through but I'm glad you guys had a good experience in doing the process. I can honestly say we are fortunate to have a cool Sheriff that supports our hobbies.
    I wonder what the next sheriff will be like though. I believe the current one is not running for reelection this year.

(Northampton County)

You guys are lucky, our sheriff Is an ex SS state trooper from NJ, and we have no choice In the matter, our sheriff Is appointed and does not have to run for office.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    You guys are lucky, our sheriff Is an ex SS state trooper from NJ, and we have no choice In the matter, our sheriff Is appointed and does not have to run for office.
    Do you know if he will sign or not? I called once but never followed up.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    I did not know there were appointed sheriffs.

(Delaware County)

Yeh I say forget the Sherriff and go the Trust route. If you do a trust you bypass the Sherriff, photos, fingerprints and as a added benefit you will be processed faster and if you efile your form one you can check on it and see were it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast