Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ice box gun show, dont even bother

One thing i did notice about this show is there is alot of vendors from NY and NJ...Not that its a bad thing its just an observation. Zellers and the shop from Honesdale usually go to this show. I wasn't there this time so I cant speak to it. It has lots of potential for the area, they just don't do a good enough job promoting it.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    It has lots of potential for the area, they just don't do a good enough job promoting it.
    That was my thought, until I went to one. Not this one, but from what I've heard I didn't miss a thing.

I expect to drive a ways for my next one, and it won't be a Jaeger show. They must count all the tables that could possibly fit in the room, as opposed to those that are actually set up with vendors.

(Berks County)

I love Elvis!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Wayne County)

As sad as this show usually is, I've bought something that I've been looking for the last three times that I've gone (I did not go yesterday) to the Ice Box. I also bought stuff at the last Jeager shows that I went to at the Hamlin fire hall and one at Springbrook fire hall.

There's been days that I've gone to Split Rock or Oaks and not bought a thing. It's a crap shoot. Depends largely on what I'm looking for at the time.

And my daughter bought one of those nature pictures for her room when she was 10. If it keeps her coming to shows with me, you won't catch me complaining. It's actually all the miscellaneous crap that the kids like the most about the shows. Stuff you don't get at flea markets. Jerky, paracord, shemaughs, knives, foreign coins. Hell, my wife even bought the first six Harry Potter books, all hard bound, at Split Rock for something like $20.

I'll keep going when I have the time. Of course I realize that I may be the only one.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lackawanna County)

Jaeger shows are the absolute worst. I went to one a few years back, never again.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Jaeger shows are the absolute worst. I went to one a few years back, never again.
    It was a little depressing to be honest.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Sounds like a jaeger show
    Yep and as I was walking out, I walked passed him saying " that was a waste of $16.00" to the wife, saying it loud enough for him to notice.

If anyone noticed his table, he was selling beat up power tools.

(Lackawanna County)

I'm 4 to 6 minutes out (depending on lights and dodging potholes), and don't even bother.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Wayne County)

Thanks for letting us know. They actually cancelled a show a few years back. I'll stay far away from any shows in the future.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Luzerne County)

Angry Re: Ice box gun show, dont even bother

I've set-up at some of the prievious years "Ice Box" gunshow ( Dec 2014 was my last one ).

I was the dealer selling just rifle and pistol magazines, along with a NY dealer who sells only ammo, and another vendor who sells bayonets, manual and slings, etc... ( Thx, if you bought from me or my friends )

I've tried talking to the promoter, more local adversiting, street signs, etc... I also suggested that when he schedules his show date, to watch that he isn't on a date where other bigger and/or better shows are scheduled.

example - he scheduled his upcoming April 2015 "Carbondale" show on the same weekend as "Split Rock. He had to cancel his show. He'll be set-up at Split Rock. Last month, it was the same, "Hazleton", cancelled his show and then even he was at the larger Harrisburg gunshow.

Plus, he does several smaller local shows, all within an hour 1/2 of each other, killing the larger Ice Box venue. He needs to focus on one venue, build it up and improve it with every event. Maybe he will even get to 600 tables, someday.

I've even done the advertising here on this website for the shows of his that I'm attending. I call it self-advertising.

To be honest, I don't believe he even reads these forum posts ( the past posts in general, haven't been kind ) and tries to follow-up and/or make any changes. Hence , I'm the one dealer responding to your comments.

"The boat is taking on water and sinking, but he'll just keep playing the NEPA local gunshow promoter." - SHAME on Him !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12