Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock 42 - Ultra compact .380

One of these days I am going to warm up to Glock and its bookish plastic silhouette.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    Glock made the announcement today of their new Glock 43, 9mm. Some FFLs are now taking pre orders. I went into my FFL this morning and put down a deposit. While there, I overheard the employees talking about how everybody will now be trading in their 42s. I'm wondering if you guys that bought one will keep or trade yours.
    I'll be keeping mine and buy a 43 when the rush slows. I'm also going to be on the lookout for some cheap 42's I keep hearing about that people will be dumping, but not holding my breath. It really is the best shooting 380 I have shot.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TMOwen5257 View Post
    Picked up a Glock 42 this past week in preparation for this year's shorts and t-shirt season.

So far, so good. Took it out to the range and ran 100 Win white box 95 gr fmj through it. Ran fine and produced good grouping at 7, 10 & 15 yds. Then ran 20 Rem 102 gr BJHP (carry rounds) through it. Same result.

I've carried it in a cheap IWB Uncle Mike's #1, along with one extra mag for a couple of days now. Light and very comfortable!

Only complaint/observation is round count in the mag (6 rnds). It looks like the mag could hold at least 8 rnds. Not sure why only 6? And Glock's extended pinkie grip mag doesn't increase mag capacity, which seems to me to be a waste of useable space.

I think I'm going to like this little guy. Much better reliability, weight & comfort than the stainless Colt Mustang Plus 2, I've used for this purpose.

Looking forward to the 9mm version when it comes out. Hope Glock uses the mags to full capacity.

So my selection now consists of:

Exposed OWB or duty belt - G22/G17
    Suit/Winter wear OWB - G23/G19
    Light outer wear OWB - G27/G26
    Summer wear IWB/pocket - G42
    Curious to know, what do you think of it as a pocket gun?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    My wife lacks strength in her hands, but the 42 cycles ok for her. We did have an initial problem with her grip.
    As soon as I get her up to speed with it, she'll carry it.
    I'm not a Glock fan, but I do like the 42 a lot. The trigger is probably 10 lbs but it breaks nice.
    10 lb yikes! Is that a new York trigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    One of these days I am going to warm up to Glock and its bookish hi-pointish plastic silhouette.
    Fixed it for you

(Montgomery County)

I like the G42 as a pocket gun, at least when wearing cargo pants/shorts. Might be a bit much for the smaller / tighter pockets on jeans, at least the style I wear.

Just bought the Crimson Trace LG-443H for the G42 and it came with a pocket holster, which does a good job of hiding printing.

Having said the above, my preferred carry is IWB. My muscle memory is strongly ingrained to go to my waistband for the draw.

Felt recoil Glock 42 vs. Ruger LC-380? Any comments, info?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234