Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock 42 - Ultra compact .380

I had one, liked it - then sold it to a friend's brother.

Now, several months later; my name is on the list for another one (local LEO shop). I did keep one of my IWB holsters as well as a third mag (with Pearce pinky extension) for it.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Just bought one, shot it this weekend with zero issues, shot great, accurate and soft recoil compared to other guns of it's size.

I like it as a small gun for carry when I can't carry something bigger.

Glock recently hinted that they have a new pistol coming out this spring. I am expecting to see the new G43 single stack 9mm at the NRA Convention in Nashville come April 10th.

Here is the hint. Nice play on words.

https://www.facebook.com/GLOCK/photo...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    perhaps you love glocks so much that you are incapable of an objective review, just like you love dicks so much you can't stop talking about them to the point where you have become one.
    Seems to me you do not understand the definition of objective or how to act like a human being on a friendly message forum.

Just noticed you were sent on a vacation for this have fun in the bad boy corner.

(Montgomery County)

RE: ichinesu

I wouldn't be too hard on him (that wasn't meant in any way as a penis pun, really!). Besides, I got a good chuckle out of his response.

Look at his screen name and the ESU - East Stroudsburg University reference therein. Probably just a young, cocky (oops, again no pun) college kid. He's still learning his social graces and how to play nice (or at least subtly) with others when adults are in the room.

Hope you'll let him back in after a short timeout.

(Bucks County)

i already have a SW bodyguard which i'm very happy with but i would have considered the 42 if it had been available a few years ago.

(Monroe County)

Not sure I would call it an ultra compact.

I guess in relation to the other Glock offerings yes. It's smaller than the G26.
    In relation to other 380s? not so much. It is actually a fairly large gun for the round IMHO,

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Fayette County)

I think I'll stick with my LCP.
    I love Glocks, but theres no real up side tovthe G42 over the Lcp for ne.

Same mag cap and the lcp is much smaller.
    Just how I see it.

(Allegheny County)

Hit the range again and put some more rounds through it, including a couple different HP's. So far I'm impressed, I've owned a number of different .380's and can't recall any of them making it through a box of ammo without some sort of hiccup. G42,made it through the first 150 plus some HP's trouble free, not bad and it's nice to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    G42,made it through the first 150 plus some HP's trouble free, not bad and it's nice to shoot.
    This particular pistol appears on GT, frequently, as having issues. I met an elderly man (kinda frail, too) at the indoor range I frequent who was having FTF/FTE every other round. I really felt sorry for him as I listened to him explaining his issues. Anyway, the store owner said he'd send the gun back in for him, but I asked if I could shoot it just to see what it was doing. I loaded both mags with 6 rounds and inserted with slide locked back. I dropped the slide off the slide lock and the round fed fine. Went through 4 mags the same way with not one failure. I'm wondering if this gun isn't in the same boat a 3" 1911 is with shooting technique being an instrument in getting the thing to work right. I know that with my G34's, I can get the brass to spit like it's supposed to or get it to flop out just by holding it tight or loose. My 41's aren't as bad and I'd almost have to barely hold one when firing to get the brass to not eject well, but the 34's are definitely more pronounced, at least with standard ammo.

Gone is the theory that a semi will function no matter how loose you hold it. I haven't been able to get one of my Glocks to jam from limp wristing like you see on Youtube, but I can get the brass to either hit me in the forehead or go up and out to the right of my head...just from how I hold it. I suppose people who want their gun to function with one hand and a loose grip just need to under power their RSA or use hot ammo. I'm betting half the stuff you read on GT with the 42 is user induced.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast