Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default T.V. Hunting shows are really pissing my off

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing these horrible shooters, and phony rhetoric on these hunting shows, now there are some who you can tell just love hunting, they show true emotion, are good shots, etc. The newest fad that pisses me off is putting their rather hot wives on these shows, dont get me wrong i dont care about women hunting but you can tell they dont have the true passion for it and its more like acting for a sitcom, especially that 'Driven" show with the chick with the whitest of white white white teeth, both her and her husband have pathetic form, are horrible shots and look like they could just as well be for PETA. Even buckmasters and bill jorden, get on my nerves thats not real hunting, you dont see them shaking after the shot, they are speaking in a normal tone, if i just shot a 150+ inch deer the cameraman is gonna have to carry me out of the tree and how the camera is laying on the ground @ the downed deer and you see the hunter "Tracking his buck" wondering where it went yeah right, bullshit, and another guy was hunting in Illinois and past on a 170 inch deer hoping to shoot one he saw earlier on a trail cam, no problem i understand getting the most out of your season, but he failed to get a shot at he big one and the 170 came in later in the season and he shot that one, but during the after speech he was almost talking bad about the 170 inch buck he killed and was just not satisfied, mother f!@$# come hunt pa for awhile...now there are a few like, getting close where its a husband wife team that i enjoy, they dont act like they know everything and are, IMHO, true hunters who love hunting...but when the phony's come up to a downed deer and there isnt any blood around the mouth and the tongue is hanging out, what bullshit, dont clean it up i want to see the real deal hunting with true hunters who has the true passion as well as a reasonable ability to shoot well
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

Default Re: T.V. Hunting shows are really pissing my off

I agree 100%! That Driven show drives me nuts! I saw a show the other day where the woman was speaking with deer not 20 yards away! You can't get away with that over here! You blink your eyes and your busted here in SJ, these deer know to look up!

There are a few good shows out there. The one guy is kinda crazy, but I love his style - open sites, long bow with homemade wooden arrows. He truly loves going out and having fun, regardless of whether or not he gets anything and that is what hunting is truly about!

I also hate the little kids with rifles in ground blinds.....cmon - make your kid work for it at least. I've been hunting for 12 years and haven't missed a season yet, and oh yea - to this day I still have not seen a buck that was legal to shoot. I still love going out. Had a bird land on my shoulder the other day - that was crazy!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Monroe County)

I agree 100%. What I've REALLY enjoyed were the recent Real Tree outdoors where their kids are hunting and also the Real Tree show where they are sitting around the TV watching their hunts and talking about them.

There are a few shows that still really capture the moment I think. I'm a huge fan of Tom Miranda, he is one of the very few guys on TV that you can tell are die hard hunters and I love his line... "If you don't feel like this when you harvest your game then you need to get out of the woods!"

There are a few others as well and I love when they take that shot and you can just hear the excitement in their voice... but most aren't like that
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

yea there are a few good ones, one of my favorites is relentless pursuit that guy will shoot anything and just loves it, and ted nugent is ok in small doses, his story telling gets to be a bit long winded but he does have character
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Columbia County)

Well then, Why don't we have our own show here on the fourm????? Starring the people on here. It could be done that would be awsome. I think so any way.
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    There are a few good shows out there. The one guy is kinda crazy, but I love his style - open sites, long bow with homemade wooden arrows. He truly loves going out and having fun, regardless of whether or not he gets anything and that is what hunting is truly about!
    That sounds like Tred Barta. I like his show too.

Larry Weishuhn has been pissing me off lately. I watched two consecutive shows where he took shots at deer with a T/C Contender pistol and missed multiple times. The one buck came back twice. He finally got it after about 5 shots. He missed another big buck with a T/C Encore rifle last season. Don't these guys shoot during the off season? It makes me wonder how many deer he wounded and was unable to retrieve.

(Erie County)

I try to watch Jim Shockey's show when I can and the "Getting Close" husband and wife team seem pretty down to earth and genuine.

Uncle Teddy can often be too over the top for my tastes. I loved the man's music but come on, either rock it or hunt it but please don't combine the two.
    Last edited by CoyoteJack; October 17th, 2008 at 03:23 PM.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    That sounds like Tred Barta. I like his show too.

Larry Weishuhn has been pissing me off lately. I watched two consecutive shows where he took shots at deer with a T/C Contender pistol and missed multiple times. The one buck came back twice. He finally got it after about 5 shots. He missed another big buck with a T/C Encore rifle last season. Don't these guys shoot during the off season? It makes me wonder how many deer he wounded and was unable to retrieve.

You've never missed a deer or made a bad shot? Have you ever hunted with a pistol? It's not an easy thing to do. He is, after all, human. He makes mistakes and errors just like you and me.

(Clinton County)

Those shows have nothing to do with the common man, they hunt at deer farms over or next to food plots, which is almost baiting. Everything is set up.

Another thing a lot of the shows are just one big commercial-- like, Im sitting in my {beand name} treestand wearing my{brand name clothes } holding my {brand name rifle} and so on.

Don't take them seriously, just look at the monster deer you will never see, unless you get rich or VERY lucky.

(Allegheny County)

Tiffany's HOT!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast