Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Clayton's- A surprising experience

I know, I know. There is nothing more polarizing than the man on the stool. As a longtime Clayton detractor I decided to give the range there a second chance, My Classic Pistol membership was expiring and I found the travel and wait time ( quite often there is a wait for a lane, even on weekdays due to police quals from all over going on) so I went and shot a Claytons. Range is better lit, better equipped and dare I say, better run that CP. Good job on this one Tom, now smile once and while will ya...

Default Re: Clayton's- A surprising experience

The last time I was at Claytons, I witnessed a man & his wife come in asking to see the range as they were new to the area. One of the employees asked where they used to shoot & the couple responded Allentown + Philly. The guy on the stool hears this & yells something like "EVERY RANGE FROM ALLENTOWN TO PHILLY IS A SHITHOLE". stay classy Clayton's!

(Bucks County)

Yeah, going to Clayton's is like returning to a whorehouse where you caught syphilis the first time. Doesn't matter if they put new light bulbs in all the sockets, put down new carpet, and get a new piano player. If the syphilitic skank is still parked on the stool at the end of the bar, guess who's gonna be doing the 'walk of shame' into the Free Clinic?

(Bucks County)

i've never had a issue with claytons other than them trying to convince me their 5.7 ammo for 30 bucks was somehow better than the exact same 5.7 ammo i purchased at tanners for 20 bucks. clayton's has a good selection of firearms and accessories and their prices seem OK but i've never purchased anything because i like tanners, classis pistol and surplus city better.

(Montgomery County)

I was there today and it was packed! I know it was mid-day on a Saturday, but whole families were coming in. My brother and I had to wait about an hour. I've been to Classic Pistol and Target World, but Claytons is closest to home. Each one has its quirks, but it's close and reasonable. I still have three hours of free time at Target World from when I bought my Sig, so I'll be sure to mix it up to use the free range time. Love the vibrant description, though! It is pretty spot on!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    The guy on the stool hears this & yells something like "EVERY RANGE FROM ALLENTOWN TO PHILLY IS A SHITHOLE". stay classy Clayton's!
    Best part of this statement is that he, by default, is including his own range in that statement as he is most definitely between Allentown and Philly.

They were such assholes when I went in there 10 years ago to buy my son a paintball gun for Christmas that I've never gone back since. Too bad for them as they are actually the closest (other than Quinbys) to my house and they've missed out on over ten grand in purchases in the last 3 years alone. As itchinesu says, stay classy Claytons.

Makes it very easy for me to think of them as the place I drive past when I'm on my way to someplace else.

Regards,

BCB
    You don't need a gun until you need one badly.

(Montgomery County)

stopped by today, shot in the range, it was jammed-- best air & lighting in the area--Bob-I don't think they care about your whining. Keep going where ever you go.

(Bucks County)

This weekend was the last time I will go in claytons and deal with that arrogant fat ass dick head. Stopped in Sunday to shoot asked the fat bastard to see a gun he couldn't bend over and get it so he screamed at one of his employees to stop helping a customer and come over and get it. The employee didn't come that very second and he started flipping out. No wonder everyone there has a bad attitude and is in a bad mood. I asked why his price was higher the tanners and he said because there assholes. Well I guess those assholes will be getting the rest of my business.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by miller182 View Post
    This weekend was the last time I will go in claytons and deal with that arrogant fat ass dick head. Stopped in Sunday to shoot asked the fat bastard to see a gun he couldn't bend over and get it so he screamed at one of his employees to stop helping a customer and come over and get it. The employee didn't come that very second and he started flipping out. No wonder everyone there has a bad attitude and is in a bad mood. I asked why his price was higher the tanners and he said because there assholes. Well I guess those assholes will be getting the rest of my business.
    Hahahaha You stay classy there Clayton's! I can't wait to hear you went out of business!! Douchenozzles!!!!

(Montgomery County)

I went to Claytons last week to shoot I haven't used their range in over 4-5 years until last week. Usually I just go to Target World because it's less then 10 minutes away, and I know most people have a issue with this place as well depending on who is working but they have always been respectful and cool with me.
    Well Claytons range has way better lighting compared to TW, but the range only goes to 15 yards if I remember correctly. Can't really speak on the ventilation system because they all seem the same to me...tons of powder in the air.
    The people working seemed like the typical gun people behind the counter.

I think once you become a familiar face to an establishment they go easy on you and welcome you in. It's almost like a cult..hahah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast