Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Clayton's- A surprising experience

Great gunsmith there. I tried removing a factory installed BCM gasblock from my AR, and to my horror broke the head off of the set screw. John was able to drill out the setscrews without any damage to the barrel, and really saved me from an expensive ordeal.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by miller182 View Post
    This weekend was the last time I will go in claytons and deal with that arrogant fat ass dick head. Stopped in Sunday to shoot asked the fat bastard to see a gun he couldn't bend over and get it so he screamed at one of his employees to stop helping a customer and come over and get it. The employee didn't come that very second and he started flipping out. No wonder everyone there has a bad attitude and is in a bad mood. I asked why his price was higher the tanners and he said because there assholes. Well I guess those assholes will be getting the rest of my business.
    Prices for what? The only thing I use at Claytons is the range. I like outdoor ranges and I like shooting at Wicen"s. When I shoot at Clayton"s I don't have walk on uneven ground with a prosthetic leg to change the target.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I went to Claytons last week to shoot I haven't used their range in over 4-5 years until last week. Usually I just go to Target World because it's less then 10 minutes away, and I know most people have a issue with this place as well depending on who is working but they have always been respectful and cool with me.
    Well Claytons range has way better lighting compared to TW, but the range only goes to 15 yards if I remember correctly. Can't really speak on the ventilation system because they all seem the same to me...tons of powder in the air.
    The people working seemed like the typical gun people behind the counter.

I think once you become a familiar face to an establishment they go easy on you and welcome you in. It's almost like a cult..hahah
    I think the range is closer to twenty five yards.

(Montgomery County)

I shoot at both places--Wicens when weather is nice-Clayton's when it isn't
    Enjoy them equally

Met up with a friend at Clayton's last weekend, it was the first time I have been back this year. We split the bill & I handed over my half. Fat bastard looks over at my friend & bellows GIMME YOUR MONEY.

There are literally 1000 ways he could have phrased it without being so fucking crude & crass. I do like that Iron Abbey is next door but I hate leaving thousands of dollars in guns + ammo unattended in the parking lot.

(Montgomery County)

I have a year's membership which allows me to shoot at Clayton's range. I can take a guest for eight dollars. I've taken a guest there twice in the past and we each had our own lane. The last time I took a guest there, the guy gave is one lane. We used two lanes and were charged extra. What's up with that?

(Berks County)

I just wanted to post my experience at Clayton’s, I just found them by accident this year. First stop I wanted to pick up a tee shirt and ear plugs. They gave me the shirt for free and jokingly asked me to wear it everyday. I asked if bringing F/A was ok. It is.

Second visit. A buddy from work wanted to do something unique for his son getting ready to go to boot camp. We headed to Claton’s For some F/A fun. I don’t have many places to do this. The staff was great. They had d-lead soap and water for clean up afterward.

Clayton’s has a nice selection of guns, old to new. The prices I saw were decent.

This is in response to the closed sock puppet thread. I believe in standing up for what you know to be right. Clayton’s staff likes to joke around. Some people might not get that. I don’t hang with those kind of people.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

I've shot (and shopped) at Clayton's many times - I've had a range membership since shortly after they opened the range. I've always been treated well there. I have seen Tom Sr. lose his temper with some customers on occasion over the years for reasons that I thought were not warranted, so I completely understand those customers who say they will not go there based on how he has treated them. The other employees, I have only had positive experiences with, especially with Ed the range manager. Good, very knowledgeable gun guy, as are many of the other employees, including Tom's son. I like the range, it has the best ventilation system I've experienced at any local range (granted, I've not been to the new Guardian facility in Warminster yet). It is very loud in the range, I always double up with plugs and muffs there, and like many local ranges, if you go on a weekend prepare to wait a bit. I've also bought two or three used guns and one new rifle (Marlin .22 for my son) there over the years, including a 'vintage Colt .357 (precursor to the Python), all at good prices.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh View Post
    I've shot (and shopped) at Clayton's many times - I've had a range membership since shortly after they opened the range. I've always been treated well there. I have seen Tom Sr. lose his temper with some customers on occasion over the years for reasons that I thought were not warranted, so I completely understand those customers who say they will not go there based on how he has treated them. The other employees, I have only had positive experiences with, especially with Ed the range manager. Good, very knowledgeable gun guy, as are many of the other employees, including Tom's son. I like the range, it has the best ventilation system I've experienced at any local range (granted, I've not been to the new Guardian facility in Warminster yet). It is very loud in the range, I always double up with plugs and muffs there, and like many local ranges, if you go on a weekend prepare to wait a bit. I've also bought two or three used guns and one new rifle (Marlin .22 for my son) there over the years, including a 'vintage Colt .357 (precursor to the Python), all at good prices.
    I just went there for the first time yesterday. I will be going back to Target World or Classic Pistol from now on. Mostly because Clayton's is too cramped and loud. I felt like I could barely stand in the lane with my range bag next to me and after 30 seconds of someone rapid firing what sounded like a cannon, I went out and bought additional ear plugs. You should check out Target World, they just built a brand new range a year or 2 ago and it's only 15-20 mins from Clayton's.

(Montgomery County)

Funny how this thread got bumped today and I went there today after not going there for close to 4 years. Target World is closed on Mondays, I forgot and drove to Clayton’s to help my brother sight in his rifle.
    Everyone behind the counter was professional/funny with my brother and I, zero problems there.
    Holy hell the range......I didn’t realize how nice TW was until shooting at Clayton’s today. The lanes are so damn cramped and just beat up in general. The noise level was also noticable louder, caught me off guard a little.
    At the end of the day it gets the job done, but I wouldn’t buy a membership there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast