Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone have the new S&W Model 69?

How does it shoot? Is it worth getting one?

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Anyone have the new S&W Model 69?

I think Smith just teased us with this model, they never made any. I have had one on order for about a year from my LGS and not a peep. They look beautiful, just like unicorns.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Franklin County)

I handled one at the S&W booth at the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg last month but never seen one in a shop...
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

Quote Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
    I think Smith just teased us with this model, they never made any. I have had one on order for about a year from my LGS and not a peep. They look beautiful, just like unicorns.
    I saw and handled one at a Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg. Felt a tad bit unbalanced but wanted to see if anyone has fired one.

(Luzerne County)

Managed to get one last summer at Piestrack's in Alden Pa. Fits nice in an old K frame holster. Don't see any speed loaders yet. Shoots 44 special loads like a 38. With full house loads it is a handful, but you still can hit things. If you are into older Smiths, the barrel construction and the key lock system might turn you off, but all in all I think I was a good buy. And yes, it is a lot easer to carry than a N frame even if you have one less round in the cylinder.....
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

Wow I swear life is weird sometimes I just logged in to post a thread seeing if anyone knew where these were in stock and saw this. I have been alerted by Davidsons twice about them being in stock and by the time I checked out they were gone.

This is the only revolver I want right now and the fact I can't find it is killing me. I already have a custom leather holster maker on retainer to make a chest rig for it I just need the damn revolver. I think I will write S&W and ask them what's up with these things being more elusive then unicorns and lepercauns and where the hell can I get one?
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 5th, 2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Wow I swear life is weird sometimes I just logged in to post a thread seeing if anyone knew where these were in stock and saw this. I have been alerted by Davidsons twice about them being in stock and by the time I checked out they were gone.

This is the only revolver I want right now and the fact I can't find it is killing me. I already have a custom leather holster maker on retainer to make a chest rig for it I just need the damn revolver. I think I will write S&W and ask them what's up with these things being more elusive then unicorns and lepercauns and where the hell can I get one?
    Damn, I though I was the only one who ever did crazy prepatory buying like this! 😋

I've bought optics, mags and slings for rifles I haven't even purchased yet.

(Chester County)

They're sexy!

(Bucks County)

Meh......it has the "kid proof" "liberal happy" "feel good" internal trigger lock.

Not for me. Too many good used S&W's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Meh......it has the "kid proof" "liberal happy" "feel good" internal trigger lock.

Not for me. Too many good used S&W's out there.

The saftey is if no use or concern to me. This revolver will fit a specific size, weight, and caliber role making is perfect for my specific needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast