Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: PGCA / Pennsylvania Gun Collector's Association

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    What a great way for certain people to get free stuff and to hawk their ill gotten wares.
    (Yes, I'm talking in particular about Phil "Goods for Guns" Dacey, President of PGCA.)

No thanks, I'll stick to the small firehall shows until the crooks are rooted out of the PGCA.
    Yup x2

(Butler County)

Talking Re: PGCA / Pennsylvania Gun Collector's Association

Got the tables done Friday . I am at show early Rumors abound, Please make your thoughts known to the directors, That is why they are there ( they Free can be A-HOLES but, FREE speech is US ) Hope the show is good, WANTED HENRY 44 MAG

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guidegun View Post
    Got the tables done Friday . I am at show early Rumors abound, Please make your thoughts known to the directors, That is why they are there ( they Free can be A-HOLES but, FREE speech is US ) Hope the show is good, WANTED HENRY 44 MAG
    Sorry but as long as you guys continue to buy tables, nothing is going to change. Complaining on this site while still attending and spending money won't accomplish anything. I'm showing my disgust with PCGA by staying home until there is a leadership change.

(Allegheny County)

I went today and it was empty. Close to a dozen empty tables and several regular vendors absent. Not many people walking around. What causes this? I understand there will be one more show at this location and wonder where the show is going to relocate. tom.
    N.R.A LIFE MEMBER GOA annual member

(Tioga County)

I went on Saturday. I've heard about some of the politics surrounding this organization in the past, but thought I'd check it out. It was steady busy, not standing room only but guns were getting sold and there were plenty of people in the aisles. There were some empty tables at the back. It seemed to me that there were more serious gun dealers here and less junk dealers than at the Monroeville show. I saw some goofball pie in the sky prices but many guns were priced at a reasonable level, at least the stuff I was looking at.

Like I've said elsewhere before there is somewhat of a generational divide among gun owners in PA and this show seemed more oriented towards the older "sporting arms" type shooters and those into overpriced WW2 militaria.

I did see some guns I liked and would have bought but I'm on a budget right now and trying to conclude other projects, so certainly I would go to another show if I am in the area.

One NFA gun I saw for sale was a Action Arms IMI Uzi for $8800. That's a decent price in this market.

One thing I noticed was some sellers open flogging CMP Garands and I'm glad CMP has closed the loophole on some of that nonsense.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
    I went today and it was empty. Close to a dozen empty tables and several regular vendors absent. Not many people walking around. What causes this? I understand there will be one more show at this location and wonder where the show is going to relocate. tom.
    Schedule conflicts. Two large dealers, Mark Guzyk and Jack Shuttlesworth, accounting for 8-10 tables each were set up at Ellwood City, and at least one smaller dealer also. Bravermans and Powell Guns were also absent. That's 32-38 tables short at PGCA, about what I counted.

The May show will be the last one at Northway; the complex is being torn down. No word yet on a new venue, but the directors have a couple places in the works.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; March 9th, 2015 at 06:42 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Ya, I actually did not set up at this show. Had a table but had other prior engagements and had to cancel. I'll probably never set up here again anyways. Location was horrible, no parking and venue stinks. Lots of tables open because some big vendors were absent. I know one that will not do a gun show again with PGCA.

If new venue is found and a new President is appointed then I will gladly set up a few tables. Until then I'll sell online or through local word of mouth as I dont like Monroeville or Washington.

(Allegheny County)

These PGCA threads remind me of Obama voters who blame it all on Bush and then vote Obama in again expecting things to improve.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    These PGCA threads remind me of Obama voters who blame it all on Bush and then vote Obama in again expecting things to improve.
    Nail on the head. Stop supporting them and tell them exactly why. At some point, integrity has to take precedence over money. Especially with a club that has this on its home page:

Our Mission to Gun Owners

The purpose of the corporation is to disseminate information to its members and the public generally in regard to the construction, use, care, exchange, collection, exhibition and history of guns of all makes and type and to maintain and possess all of the necessary facilities for such purposes.

To promote friendship by responsible persons in the collection, possession and use of arms of all types.

To furnish materials and the forum for education, dissemination and exchange of arms and related materials: provide the means of education related to history, safe gun handling, requirements to fully comply with the law in all respects: and provide the opportunity for civilian, military and law enforcement units to display and inform.

To instruct the general public concerning arms and their legal use and interest them in the American tradition regarding the right to bear arms.

To the extent permitted by law crusade against adverse and unfair firearm legislation which jeopardizes the honest citizens right to learn about, possess and use arms, and to support good legislation.

To establish, uphold and promote the highest ethical standards of our activities.
    I only bolded the three that I KNOW the club's president violates.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Schedule conflicts. Two large dealers, Mark Guzyk and Jack Shuttlesworth, accounting for 8-10 tables each were set up at Ellwood City, and at least one smaller dealer also. Bravermans and Powell Guns were also absent. That's 32-38 tables short at PGCA, about what I counted.

The May show will be the last one at Northway; the complex is being torn down. No word yet on a new venue, but the directors have a couple places in the works.

Noah
    Thanks Noah. I heard that Braverman's was bought and the new owner doesn't do gunshows. How true this is, I don't know. tom.
    N.R.A LIFE MEMBER GOA annual member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast