Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default virginian dragoon

I have an Interarms Virginian Dragoon in 44 mag, which I bought new back in the early 80s. I love the gun but .... recently the leaf springs which control the trigger and cylinder-stop snapped. Does anyone know where or how I can get a replacement? Any help is much appreciated.
    Love your country - Fear your government

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: virginian dragoon

I don't think Numrich has that spring in stock.

So, you'll probably have to have one made from spring steel.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

There are some surprises on Gunbroker, if your patient. These guns are known to lose a freekin screw that is identical to the trigger screw ( I forget the nomenclature). I found an NOS one on GB and made the gun safe again,,,, for under $10.00.

Hang in there and keep on looking........
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Pike County)

That spring is close to the same spring used in a Colt Single Action Army. A Colt SAA spring should be able to be modified to fit and work.

(Monroe County)

Call Brownells

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JC Blauvelt View Post
    That spring is close to the same spring used in a Colt Single Action Army. A Colt SAA spring should be able to be modified to fit and work.
    I doubt it.

The Virginian Dragoon is slightly bigger than the Ruger Blackhawk series, however the Dragoon's clockwork does resemble the SAA more than the Blackhawk.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Pike County)

I would give it a try. Most of those springs are over length and have to be fitted. Go to a full time gunsmith. They keep this spring in stock for the cowboy shooters. You can compare it to your broken one. This spring can also be made out of wire stock. I does not necessarily have to be made out of flat stock. Take a look at Wolff Gun Springs. They make a replacement bolt/trigger spring out of wire stock. Not hard to bend up one out of wire.

(Jefferson County)

I would give it a try. Most of those springs are over length and have to be fitted. Go to a full time gunsmith. They keep this spring in stock for the cowboy shooters. You can compare it to your broken one. This spring can also be made out of wire stock. I does not necessarily have to be made out of flat stock. Take a look at Wolff Gun Springs. They make a replacement bolt/trigger spring out of wire stock. Not hard to bend up one out of wire.
    True enough!

(Bucks County)

Funny you should say that. When I first bought the gun, I ordered a set of lighter springs from whom I don't remember. The lighter hammer spring worked great but the new trigger spring was made out of wire and was too weak to work properly. I still have that spring and tried it as a replacement but it is, of course, still too light. I will take a look at Wolff. Does anyone know a good gunsmith in the Bucks County area?
    Love your country - Fear your government