Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pa Pardon

(Fayette County)

Default Pa Pardon

Hi* i would like opinions from all of you concerning* an answer for the pa pardons application. the question is why do you need a pardon? i messed up when i was younger and took some money that was'nt mine and felt guilty and turned myself in and payed the price with money and probation. since then i have help our community and kept my nose clean. the reason i want the pardon is that i would like to protect myself and my family by legaly owning a firearm. but i am not sure i have a fair shot at the pardon if i use this as my reason. any opinion will help.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Pa Pardon

I would suggest instead of saying you want to own a firearm, just generalize and say you want to become a full partner in society again. With the rights and privileges there of. Or something to that extent. Mention voting, jury duty etc all those other things you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaown View Post
    Hi* i would like opinions from all of you concerning* an answer for the pa pardons application. the question is why do you need a pardon? i messed up when i was younger and took some money that was'nt mine and felt guilty and turned myself in and payed the price with money and probation. since then i have help our community and kept my nose clean. the reason i want the pardon is that i would like to protect myself and my family by legaly owning a firearm. but i am not sure i have a fair shot at the pardon if i use this as my reason. any opinion will help.

(Jefferson County)

I agree with rwilson452. Avoid mentioning the firearm thing.

Its good too to have a longer time period to show as an example that you have learned and have been living a better life. say like 10 years or so..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I would suggest instead of saying you want to own a firearm, just generalize and say you want to become a full partner in society again. With the rights and privileges there of. Or something to that extent. Mention voting, jury duty etc all those other things you lose.
    Exactly what you should say. If you walk in there and say I want a pardon I want to own guns they are going to laugh at you and show you the door.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Fayette County)

Thank you. thats what i was thinking . it has been 12 years and i have a ton of proof that i have been a helping hand in society. but did not know what to put on the app. didn't know if i should bring it up or not. the jury thing and the voting thing will work. does anyone know what else i lost in the whole stupidity act i did when i was young? should i bring up hunting in like the middle of it? thank you so much for your responses i want to get this sent out and get my life back. even thou it takes like 3 years. lol ne one know what my chances are. i know it goes case by case i'm just trying to make my case stand out and get this thing that i hear is so hard to get.
    Last edited by wannaown; July 13th, 2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added

(Fayette County)

what i shout have said instead of what are my chances i should have asked if anyone has ever had a pardon approved? i have been researching this for 4 years now. and lawyers don't know anything and the local court house doesn't know anything. so i figured go for the public.

(York County)

What were you actually charged/convicted of? They way you put it at the beginning of the post it doesn't sound all that bad. Are you sure you are prohibited?
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Montgomery County)

The members of the Pardon Board are the Lieutenant Governor and others who were appointed by the Governor. And since fast Eddie wants all of us to own guns I am sure telling them that you want guns will help. /sarcasm.

When I went for my pardon we pointed out that after years of working for near min wage I had gone back to school and got a degree in accounting. And now I find my record is keeping me from using that degree.

You don't go to an anti-gun person and ask him to help you get a gun. Rendell has given out more pardons than most past PA Governors. Thats what Dems do best. They like to give to felons who say their sorry. So you did the crime and you are sorry. And your past is hurting your chance's for finding meaningful employment.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaown View Post
    i messed up when i was younger and took some money that was'nt mine and felt guilty and turned myself in and payed the price with money and probation.
    Why didn't you just return the money and offer to pay restitution in a private matter, if you felt guilty?

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    What were you actually charged/convicted of? They way you put it at the beginning of the post it doesn't sound all that bad. Are you sure you are prohibited?
    It was theft by unlawful taking ...receiving stolen property... misdimeanor 1's.
    thats what is upsetting i could have received 5 years so i can not own, poss, and so on.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast