Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default FOAC Families For Freedom Rally

I didn't see this posted anywhere else (sorry if it is).

http://www.cgopa.org/

Bala Cynwyd Park
    374 Trevor Lave
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

1pm-2pm

(Delaware County)

Default Re: FOAC Families For Freedom Rally

Is anyone going?

(Dauphin County)

I'm planning on attending.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Bucks County)

I'll be there with +1 hopefully.

(Berks County)

I'm probably going.

(Bucks County)

Free Raffle for anyone who shows up! Got this in my email from Concerned Gun Owners of Pennsylvania:

Lower Merion Township is refusing to back down on their illegal gun ordinances like most other municipalities. Please join us for this family friendly event in Bala Cynwyd Park on March 15th at 1pm.
    Speakers will include Steve Piotrowski from Citizens for Liberty and Joshua Prince from Firearms Industry Consulting Group

Bring your signs calling the township officials out for their lawless behavior and your lawfully carried firearms!

There will be a free raffle prize(s) for attendees, every male gets a ticket and ladies and children get 2 so bring your families guys! We will have some apparel, ammunition, and King Shooter's Supply is graciously providing a Safariland holster (winners choice of size/fit) and an Anderson lower receiver (winner must pass background check), no cash value, no substitutions.

For anyone from the Lower Merion area who is unhappy that we are holding this rally- direct your questions at your elected Supervisors who continue to violate state law with their illegal park ordinance regarding firearms carry . We invite you to the park on March 15 to meet us and find out more.

(Montgomery County)

I'm planning on attending. I assume this is an OC style event? Weather in the '50s with wind will make my pistol be under a coat. Think rifles are overmuch?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I'm planning on attending. I assume this is an OC style event? Weather in the '50s with wind will make my pistol be under a coat. Think rifles are overmuch?
    From their email:

Some general guidelines for attendees:
    1. Dress for the weather: It could be cold, rainy, windy, or any other crazy weather we get in this area. Make sure to dress accordingly. There will certainly be snow on the ground.
    2. Participating in this event will cause some scrutiny. Do not jaywalk, do not litter. Be polite, and obey the law. The last thing any one wants is an issue. On the topic of littering, if you smoke, please field strip your butts and dispose of them properly. Smoking is prohibited in the park. Respect the neighbors, lets leave the area better than we find it.
    3. There could be hecklers. If there are, ignore them. Don't let them bait you. Notify an organizer if you see anything suspicious and take video.
    4. This is NOT show and tell. If you just picked up a really awesome new pistol, keep it in your holster. Longarms are not helpful to our message for this event and we ask you to please leave them at home. I don't care if they are "unloaded" we are all going to be following the basic rules of firearm safety. If you see anyone violating a safety rule please call them out on it in a respectful manner. Under no circumstance should a firearm be handled.
    5. If you are bringing children, keep an eye on them. I have seen toddlers wearing cap guns, and even a toy rifle strapped to a stroller at events before. We don't need them running around and possibly getting into trouble.
    If at this event anyone sees any of these rules being broken, please speak up. It is better to maybe embarrass someone for a moment, than to have an incident that will look bad.
    6. Even though open carry is legal without a LTCF, you can run into legal trouble if carrying in a vehicle or violating one of the nitpicky transportation regulations. We suggest everyone who is going to open carry possess a LTCF.
    7. Be careful speaking to the press as even well meaning statements can be taken out of context. Resist the temptation to get into a conversation. Simply tell them you wish that your right to protect yourself and your family be respected. Ask them why the Lower Merion supervisors feel they can break the law, and why they are not being charged with a misdemeanor.
    8. BRING SIGNS. Suggestions: "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy". "Respect my right to protect my family". We will have some signs available on site that you can customize with your message.
    9. HAVE FUN. Meet new people and reconnect with ones you haven't seen in awhile. We are building community.

And from another post we as attendees should adhere to the following:
    1. We will not use or carry alcohol or illegal drugs.
    2. We will not run or make threatening motions.
    3. We will not insult, swear or attack others.
    4. We will protect those who oppose or disagree with us from insult or attack.
    5. We will not assault, verbally or physically, those who oppose or disagree with us

The best defense against an agitator is to have a video recording device handy and record their antics so we can share them with the world online.

(Delaware County)

I am going too. Bring my two kids with me as well.

I plan on carrying but will be concealed. Open carry is not my cup of tea.

(Delaware County)

ive seen a lot saying that lower erion is not going by state law and making up there own rules. anyone able to tell me what exactly lower merrion is doin g that we are protesting? what is (are) the rule they have put in place? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast