Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Online Ammo Prices

Have been going back to some online sites that I have used in the past, 2 -3 years ago to buy cases of ammo. I have noticed them starting to have some ammo in stock by the case, Just picked up a case of 9mm 124 grain FMJ Blazer ammo, good for plinking, with shipping out the door for 12.30 a box. Didn't think that was too bad, I have found some 9mm here and there in LGS. Like to support the LGS, but hard to pass up the good case price.

Brian

(Chester County)

Default Re: Online Ammo Prices

I try to support the local guys too and only buy online when there's a crazy good deal. This is especially true since after adding shipping cost, the savings tend to disappear.

Recently one of my local shops was out of a very common caliber (7.62x39) except for one surplus spam can at $.38/rd. I ordered online that night at $.24/ including shipping.

I've still kept an eye on ammoseek/gunbot/etc once a week or so for the past 3 years haha.

(Berks County)

9mm should be $9 a box of fifty for 115gr fmj. But I guess I'm living in the past.

(Adams County)

The past is Winchester white box value pack at $8, I still have some labeled that, they are probably not quite 10 years old.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    9mm should be $9 a box of fifty for 115gr fmj. But I guess I'm living in the past.
    And the first tank of gas I bought cost $0.239 per gallon. Chuck chopped was $0.29/lb.

Now reloading 9mm using PV for powder/primers and Berry's prices for plated 115gr is about $6.50/box.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboxer View Post
    Now reloading 9mm using PV for powder/primers and Berry's prices for plated 115gr is about $6.50/box.
    Wolf primers, Titegroup powder, and Xtreme 115 gr bullets and I'm figuring $6/box.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

Right now I only shoot 9mm and 223/5.56 and I am starting to save my Brass just in case I decided to reload.
    So I am curious about reloading and wonder how long it would take you to reload say 500rds of 9mm?

Thanks
    Steve

(Lackawanna County)

I too try to support the LGS, but for some things they just can't compete. Ammo + shipping is in most cases cheaper than the LGS. Hey, he's got overhead, I get that.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    Right now I only shoot 9mm and 223/5.56 and I am starting to save my Brass just in case I decided to reload.
    So I am curious about reloading and wonder how long it would take you to reload say 500rds of 9mm?

Thanks
    Steve
    It would depend on your setup. I have single stage presses. I deprime clean and reprime brass one day then usually load them the next. I would say I'd have maybe 2 hours prep then 2 the next day loading the way I do them.

If you go with a progressive press, then you could probably go start to finish in an hour or two.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    I too try to support the LGS, but for some things they just can't compete. Ammo + shipping is in most cases cheaper than the LGS. Hey, he's got overhead, I get that.
    Agreed, I buy the odd couple boxes of ammo from time to time. If I order bulk anymore it's always online. Even with shipping I'm still usually under any place local by a decent margin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast