Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Marlin 1892 rear sight

Recently I came upon a marlin 1892 44magnum. Vintage 1972. Unfortunately the previous owner decided he wanted a scope on it and pulled the rear sight off of it.

A buddy at work spent some time at a gun show this past weekend and found a stand selling sights. So he asked about a sight for me. The seller had one and 20.00later I have a sight to install.

The question is what is the preferred method for drifting the rear sight in?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Default Re: Marlin 1892 rear sight

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Recently I came upon a marlin 1892 44magnum. Vintage 1972. Unfortunately the previous owner decided he wanted a scope on it and pulled the rear sight off of it.

A buddy at work spent some time at a gun show this past weekend and found a stand selling sights. So he asked about a sight for me. The seller had one and 20.00later I have a sight to install.

The question is what is the preferred method for drifting the rear sight in?
    When I did the one on my wife's 1892, I used a hammer and a brass punch. Right to left (muzzle pointing away from you), if I recall correctly.

Default Re: Marlin 1892 rear sight

Ronin has you covered. In from right to left. Brass punch is a must to avoid marking up the replacement.
    Jules