Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: DIY Shotgun Shell Cards!

I ordered some 1" elastic so once I have that, I will be able to make cards for shorter cartridges. I measured the 9x19 base and it's 3/8" so I could make a 4 round card for the side of the handguard that would be about 2 inches wide. Is there a way to fit a flat, non-flexible 2" card on the side of your handguard? I could supply a piece of adhesive velcro for the attachment point but if it starts to curve before giving me 2" to work with then I'll have to go back to the drawing board. I may be able to use the regular nylon and if I don't make the loops too tight, it won't warp too much when you load ammunition into the loops. The regular stuff is way more flexible and since we're not talking about a 12 gauge's recoil, retention shouldn't be a problem. How is the .30-30 recoil? Your .357 lever gun that I shot had virtually none. You prefer the horizontal handguard mount versus vertical stock or side saddle carry?

(Beaver County)

The most recent card with improvements. I added a pull tab and I used 1" elastic so more of the hull would be visible. The sew-on velcro works much better than the adhesive stuff I had been using for the first few cards.

I also made a 7" long velcro forearm/shock platform. I may end up cutting it down because my 6 round cards are a little over 5" long. I can fit a 2 rounder and a 6 rounder on it though. Still experimenting with other ways to carry ammunition.

More to come ...

(Bucks County)

Newest card looks great.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Beaver County)

The top 6 rounder is for my brother-in-law, the middle two are mine, the bottom 4 rounder is for my dad's Mossberg with short LOP stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12