Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CZ 750 sniper 308win

was just browsing around and saw one of these. Looks pretty cool. Any comments?
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/23034

Default Re: CZ 750 sniper 308win

I don't know anybody that owns one, and don't know anybody that has shot one either. The few things that I've read on the internet about them, they seem to be pretty decent rifles. In my experience, every CZ rifle that I've ever shot (only 2), seems to shoot well and are nice. From what I have read on the high road, it would appear that the rifle is the action and barrel of a normal 550, slapped in a prettier stock. I saw on AR15.com where someone said their 550 shot 3/8" 5 shot groups at 100 yards. I would definately say that if that is the "norm", then the rifle is more than capable. I've never used a mirage band, but if you're going to heat a barrel up I don't see how it could be a bad thing. For the price tag, I'd personally just consider going with a Remington 700, putting it in a Nice McMillan, Manners, etc of your choice, and have it gunsmithed or painted the way you like it. You'd end up with a rifle that I'm sure was just as capable and exactly how you like it. If you aren't worried about your budget or just favor CZ's, I'd say go for it. I just personally don't know how tough that particular stock is, what he bedding job on it is, or what the trigger is like. I do know what it's like on Remington 700's and Savage's. Either way, it looks like the rifle ain't bad. If you were just looking for a shooter, and not something so "tacticool" it sounds like if you could find a 550 it would have a nice laminate stock and probably shoot just as well. I have seen that it has a 1:12 twist. I like to shoot the heavier bullets, but I also typically shoot 180 grain and up (in .300 winmag, soon to be .300 WSM). Just realize that if you want to shoot the heavier bullets, the 1:12 will not be suitable for it. Since most people that shoot .308 don't get into the big heavy bullets, and like to stick around the 168's and below, the twist rate would probably be fine. Just something that you should be aware of and consider.

Here's the thread on AR15 >> http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=233058&page=1

Here's the one on THR (sometimes not the best resource for long distance shooting) >> http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=361650

Hope that helps, as I stated again, I have no first hand knowledge of the exact specs of this rifle. I just know from what people are saying the 550's will do, this one should perform.