Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS SQUASHED IN FLORIDA

You have all heard the story of Dale Norman, the man in Fort Pierce who walked out of his house with his freshly minted Florida concealed carry license and was arrested because he did not realize his firearm was partially exposed.

The local judge denied any and all constitutional arguments to have the case thrown out, and the court convicted Norman.

According to the non-profit, non-partisan, and grassroots organization, Florida Carry, which is also helping to fund Mr. Norman’s defense, “The County Court judge also did not fully consider the Second Amendment or the Right to Bear Arms under the Florida Constitution; denying those motions to dismiss the case because the question of the right to bear arms “is for someone above the level of this court.”

According to a Florida Carry press release about the court ruling:

Yesterday the 4th District Court of Appeals issued a ruling in Norman v. State, 2015 Fla. App. LEXIS 2178.

The Right to Bear Arms has now been completely Infringed in Florida. That fundamental right enumerated in both the Florida Constitution and the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is no-longer your birthright. In its place is a license that you must pay the government to possess.

The court correctly recognized that the right to bear arms outside the home does exist, then it went on to eviscerate the right in favor of the privilege of a license that you must pay for.

Don’t have enough money to pay for your right? Tough, you can’t have it unless you pay up

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ed-in-florida/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS SQUASHED IN FLORIDA

Sorry, please delete I just noticed thread below with different title.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    You have all heard the story of Dale Norman, the man in Fort Pierce who walked out of his house with his freshly minted Florida concealed carry license and was arrested because he did not realize his firearm was partially exposed.

The local judge denied any and all constitutional arguments to have the case thrown out, and the court convicted Norman.

According to the non-profit, non-partisan, and grassroots organization, Florida Carry, which is also helping to fund Mr. Norman’s defense, “The County Court judge also did not fully consider the Second Amendment or the Right to Bear Arms under the Florida Constitution; denying those motions to dismiss the case because the question of the right to bear arms “is for someone above the level of this court.”

According to a Florida Carry press release about the court ruling:

Yesterday the 4th District Court of Appeals issued a ruling in Norman v. State, 2015 Fla. App. LEXIS 2178.

The Right to Bear Arms has now been completely Infringed in Florida. That fundamental right enumerated in both the Florida Constitution and the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is no-longer your birthright. In its place is a license that you must pay the government to possess.

The court correctly recognized that the right to bear arms outside the home does exist, then it went on to eviscerate the right in favor of the privilege of a license that you must pay for.

Don’t have enough money to pay for your right? Tough, you can’t have it unless you pay up

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ed-in-florida/
    And the same thing can be said about Pa, or any other state that won't let you carry a loaded firearm concealed on your person or in your car loaded without a license from the state. You must pay for the "privilege", right? (I fear you are a using a little bit of hyperbole with your post.)
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Montgomery County)

This is also why, regardless if you like open carry or not, if you like to conceal carry, you want your state to allow open carry as well. Nothing like losing your rights because someone saw your pistol. Sheesh what a crock...

Can someone clarify for me what is the law he is breaking in FL. Is it illegal to open carry? and be showing his pistol for a second they considered that open carry?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by OFP4LiFe View Post
    Can someone clarify for me what is the law he is breaking in FL. Is it illegal to open carry? and be showing his pistol for a second they considered that open carry?

thank you
    Yes
    Montani Semper Liberi

I am very thankful for PA's open carry (lack of) law. There have been plenty of times where my shirt has risen over the grip of my concealed firearm and could have been considered "open" by someone looking to cause trouble.

What is worse in my opinion is that the court convicted this man despite his apparent best effort to comply with the laws. Us peasants are allowed zero mistakes while politicians may be excused over and over again because "well dangit nobody is perfect!".

(Centre County)

Regardless, the NRA needs very much to go on the offensive one of these days..on a number of fronts. It will definitely risk their legitimacy, which I suppose is why they aren't, but we need an offense somewhere.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity