Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock tastic

Default Glock tastic

Never judge a brand by the first one you shoot, which for me was a shot out, Gen 1 G17. What a toilet that gun was, It made me hate Glocks. Now, with the Gen 4, and really taking the time to adjust to one after submitting, I'm going on the stand to say we are a Glock family, now. Both daughters, son, me and the wife all have our own Glock pistols and no longer rely on any other brand or style. Finally got my HK sold, only 4 1911's left, and still have two Astras (which are for sale, too). I'm even putting together a 50 yd Glock complete with scope mount and Nikon, plus, I'm working on the grip molds to use it on my AR rest. If it will shoot 2" groups at 25 yds with my lamps and plastic sights, what will one do with a mount and a 2-8X33? Bad thing about these pistols is they are fun as heck to shoot and have caused me to use up some of our zombie surplus. Oh well...it's only ammo.

All our Glocks are Gen 4's, except our carry 36's. Even they are fun to shoot, though they are a little picky on grip technique, and they buck a little. Ain't no big deal...just hold on and let her buck. They also hit the X, just like the large frame Glocks do. You blokes with other Gen Glocks, don't take this the wrong way. I simply bought all gen 4's 'cause they was easily available to me, but I'm glad we got them. I realize the other Gens are good, but as I said, that first one I shot (Gen 1 G17) was a POS. The dude really got his money's worth out of it.

Thinking about changing my handle to 300Glock, hehehe.

eta - Oh yea, gonna keep the first two PT 24/7 Pros that we bought. They are awesome pistols that will keep the ammo in my safe company. I'll likely never sell them and may bring them out on occasion just for some grins. Peace.
    Last edited by harold63; February 20th, 2015 at 09:54 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Glock tastic

I'm recently in the exact same boat. Shot a glock years ago, thought it was garbage and never touched another one until my last trip to the range..

I went with someone who wanted to rent one just to try it out (they were considering what they wanted their first plastic pistol purchase to be..) and I was offered the chance to shoot it.

It was awesome, functioned perfectly, and I really love the trigger. I just opened up a thread tonight to trade all my "other stuff" for gen 4 glocks. Can't remember the last time I was this excited about trading for pistols..

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    Can't remember the last time I was this excited about trading for pistols..
    Haha...me too. I think I got a little wood, even.

One thing I like, as with the 1911, is they are easy to work on. Tons of vids out there and a parts supply that makes NAPA look like a picked through junk yard. I had no idea all that stuff was out there until the last couple months.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Haha...me too. I think I got a little wood, even.

One thing I like, as with the 1911, is they are easy to work on. Tons of vids out there and a parts supply that makes NAPA look like a picked through junk yard. I had no idea all that stuff was out there until the last couple months.
    We can only dream

(Allegheny County)

I only have one gen4 and it's a G17, I have 4 other G17's as well, 2 gen2's and 2 gen3's. Out of the 5 I have by far the gen2's are the best, followed by the gen4.

I'm in the market now for another Glock and this one will probably be a gen4 of some sort, they are much better than gen3's.

(Mercer County)

The first Glock I ever handled was a Gen 3 19. It felt terrible in my hands, and I vowed to never drink the kool aid. I ended up with an XD40 subcompact for my first carry gun. Because I started out shooting 1911s, it felt more natural.

After shooting many thousands of rounds more, and figuring out what I liked, I hung the XD up in favor of a VBOB. To date, it is still the best performing handgun in my hands. At that time, my father was carrying a Colt Defender, with CT Grips, so we were both "1911" guys. He HATED Glocks, and vowed to never own, let alone carry, a gun without a safety. Well, shortly into carrying the VBOB, I decided to buy a Glock just to have one. I ordered a Gen 3, but Glock screwed up and sent me a Gen 4. I was BLOWN AWAY by the difference in ergonomics. I now have more rounds through it than any other firearm I own, and I do just about as well with it as I do my VBOB. Close, but not quite.

Dad didn't even want to shoot it, because he was happy with his 1911. He fired a couple mags out of it, and left me with a non-committal "yeah that's great." He just didn't like Glock, saying that a 1911 in his left hand felt better than a Block in his right. Well, fast forward a couple years, and we're going to get another NRA cert together. Part of the qualification was drawing the gun and double tapping a 9 inch paper plate at 7 yards in 2 seconds. Keep in mind, my dad is GREAT with a pistol, but he's 62 years old. He was having some difficulty achieving this with a 1911. As we drew closer to the course date, he had pretty much given up, and was resigned to failing. I went in and got the G19, and asked him to humor me. He reluctantly agreed. First draw from the buzzer he put two rounds in the plate, about 7 inches apart in 1.95. He improved each day from then on, eventually putting two rounds on paper about 4 inches apart in 1.5. He took the gun to the course, and finished second in the qual out of 8 people. He was sold on Glocks. When we got back, he ordered a 30S THAT DAY. he's been a Glock guy ever since, and is waiting for the single stack 9. He's Glock's biggest fan now.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; February 21st, 2015 at 12:34 AM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    We can only dream

Kill it! Kill it with fire!...

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    We can only dream

...like a hand crank and wooden wheels on a new f150.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Wayne County)

IMG_4081 by splittiebus66, on Flickr

Grocktastic.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Allegheny County)

Gen 4 FTW.

I'm also a fan. 17 and 19 are gen 4's. Love'em.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast