Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: PSA: Please read if you own a Winchester Safe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    PM'd
    BionicMan, so glad I found this post. Have a Silverado 49 that's beginning to require me to enter in the code twice- thought it was a battery issue. Would appreciate a bit of assistance on the replacement process and any other pointers you have. thank you!

BionicMan, I also have a Winchester safe from Tractor Supply. I'd like to replace the lock with an EMP resistant lock like one from S&G. The safe is model TS-19-11 from 2017 with a "T-811" electronic lock that I can find no information about. I pulled the lock and it looks like it would be easy to replace if I knew which make/model to replace it with. However there are only numbers on the lock, no manufacturers name. Here are some photos if it will help.

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

Any ideas on the make/model of the lock? Any suggestions on a replacement? Thanks in advance for your help.

(Lehigh County)

With the electronic locks; it's not if they fail but, when they fail. Had a Browning safe with an electronic lock "failure" that became "unserviceable". That safe became a very successful boat anchor. Bought a Liberty safe and had to special order the best S&G mechanical lock available. Boy do I like mechanical locks! I have a number of safes (large and small) all without electronic locks and thankfully with reliable mechanical devices. Remembering the combinations is an excellent mental gymnastic exercise.

(Northampton County)

PM'd.

Quote Originally Posted by bradw266 View Post
    BionicMan, I also have a Winchester safe from Tractor Supply. I'd like to replace the lock with an EMP resistant lock like one from S&G. The safe is model TS-19-11 from 2017 with a "T-811" electronic lock that I can find no information about. I pulled the lock and it looks like it would be easy to replace if I knew which make/model to replace it with. However there are only numbers on the lock, no manufacturers name. Here are some photos if it will help.

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

Any ideas on the make/model of the lock? Any suggestions on a replacement? Thanks in advance for your help.

(Northampton County)

See post #76 in this thread, nothing is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by av8tr123 View Post
    With the electronic locks; it's not if they fail but, when they fail. Had a Browning safe with an electronic lock "failure" that became "unserviceable". That safe became a very successful boat anchor. Bought a Liberty safe and had to special order the best S&G mechanical lock available. Boy do I like mechanical locks! I have a number of safes (large and small) all without electronic locks and thankfully with reliable mechanical devices. Remembering the combinations is an excellent mental gymnastic exercise.

BionicMan saves the day again! Like everyone else, I had a 3710 fail. BionicMan sent me the replacement instructions and I called up TimeMaster to get a replacement keypad. Note that now the replacement part number is LG5715. (The 3715 wasn't listed on their website so I had to call). The guy on the phone had a laugh when I told him what part number I had, he knew all about the issues with them. $74 (including shipping) and 5 minutes of time when it came in, and I'm back in!

Note that if you order an LG5715, you need to keep the screws you took out of your 3710, as the posts that come with the LG5715 for mounting are too big for the holes in the safe. (It works fine w/ the screws you have though).

My heartfelt thanks to BionicMan, his help is invaluable!

This thread needs to be a sticky.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    This thread needs to be a sticky.
    And BionicMan should get a sales commission...

(Lancaster County)

I come home this morning and what do I find sitting on my door step? A defective locking mechanism from a Winchester Safe.

Haven't tried to fire it up yet, but I did find something really interesting. The PCB where the lock connects to the mechanism is labeled SCL/SDA. That means that I can connect to this thing with my logic analyzer and read the codes coming directly out of it. It'll be interesting to see what this thing is doing.

Thanks Bob!!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

BionicMan,

I have a used 24 gun Winchester. I'm not sure of the year possibly 09ish (per pdf owners manual found online).

It locked me out but luckily I was able to randomly open it.

It has a GSP key pad. I peeked at the innards and see a logic board and an actuator. Nothing close to an LG4200.

I also noticed there's a cover over the actuator assembly that holds the lock plunger open.

I sent you a PM. My local lock Smith is not getting back to me.

I'd really like to replace all the things but I can't find anything. Strangely enough I've had about 80% luck opening it with the code test to factory using the little red button.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast