Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Natchez Shooter Gouging?

Yes. gouging is real (NO, its not supply and demand, just greed) and I make a mental note to remember which vendors do it for later. CTD and two local vendors were blatant at it after Sandy Hook and I avoid doing business with them now. For the record my arbitrary definition of gouging is 25% or more increase in less than one month (in CTD's case it was overnight).

One local vendor was outstanding about avoiding gouging. Yes they were temporarily out at times but when they got it back in stock they let everyone know, limited the sales to something reasonable, and they have an extra plus today in my book. You can buy from anyone you want and pay anything you want too, But, I don't deal with that.........

Shooters and suppliers need to stick together. Its in our best interest.

I've ordered from Natchez numerous times and did not notice any gouging. From what I see here their not at my arbitrary cutoff yet but I will keep it in mind.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Yes. gouging is real (NO, its not supply and demand, just greed) and I make a mental note to remember which vendors do it for later. CTD and two local vendors were blatant at it after Sandy Hook and I avoid doing business with them now. For the record my arbitrary definition of gouging is 25% or more increase in less than one month (in CTD's case it was overnight).
    CTD was the ONLY online vendor that did not raise prices this go round.

I've ordered from Natchez numerous times and did not notice any gouging. From what I see here their not at my arbitrary cutoff yet but I will keep it in mind.
    According to your definition, Natchez has "gouged" every single time there was any sort of a panic, and they are doing it right now. The only difference this time is they have adjusted pricing to what everyone else is charging instead of charging more.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I got one of their emails right when this BS started. I don't remember the brand cause I don't really read them, but I think it was European and they were hocking it for around .80c a round.

I tried to find it but I recently deleted my junk mail box.

(Lackawanna County)

Youre wrong. The week that the news broke about 855, they pulled their 1000 round cases of 855 Privi and reintroduced it to their website @ $850+. Of course the orders that had been placed prior to that had been cancelled, or changed from in stock and processed to backordered. Then they made a thread in their industy section apologizing for it almost a week late, and only after MAJOR backlash on ARFCOM.

Everyone gets caught up in the definition and practice of price gouging, I dont get it. I guess I dont understand a company charging $100 for a pmag either.

The bottom line is when shit like this happens, (bans, mass shootings, etc.), the vendors bottom line goes up. Prices go up. The difference between a stand up company and a bottom of the barrrel company is that the stand up one will slightly increase prices just enough to cover their costs and overhead while making a modest profit. Take SG Ammo for example. They continued to honor orders, while selling PMC XTAC 62 grain and Fed 855, among other brands, at an acceptable increase in cost. CTD and the other ones take an over-the-top strategy by fucking us and sucking the life out of the shooting community, while preaching capitalism all the way to the bank. The $850+ Privi is one example.

As far as Im concerned, this isnt the time to buy. If youre sitting on a k or 2 of 855 like myself, go one about your life. If you dont have any then yes I might buy a few hundred but thats it.
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; February 25th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    Youre wrong. The week that the news broke about 855, they pulled their 1000 round cases of 855 Privi and reintroduced it to their website @ $850+. Of course the orders that had been placed prior to that had been cancelled, or changed from in stock and processed to backordered. Then they made a thread in their industy section apologizing for it almost a week late, and only after MAJOR backlash on ARFCOM.
    They sold thousands of cases of M855 for about $350, for days on end, while EVERYONE else was selling for $600+ and before the price settled to $500.

They sold everything they had under market value. NOBODY else did that.

(Lackawanna County)

They sold thousands of cases of M855 for about $350, for days on end, while EVERYONE else was selling for $600+ and before the price settled to $500.

Still wrong. And in that massive 50+ page thread in General there is a screenshot (by UncleJumbo I believe) of their off the wall expensive Privi 855. Locate it for proof it you like.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

I'm no fan of price gouging but is it any different than folks on here that buy low and resell for a profit?

How about those that buy at stupidly high prices and try to sell at the same price or even more when the market drops. There's plenty of examples out there of folks still trying to get $60+ for a brick of .22

The law of supply and demand is least attractive when you are in a reactive position instead of having been proactive.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    Still wrong. And in that massive 50+ page thread in General there is a screenshot (by UncleJumbo I believe) of their off the wall expensive Privi 855. Locate it for proof it you like.
    Which word I said was wrong? Make a specific claim. Every word I said is true.

(Lackawanna County)

Which word I said was wrong? Make a specific claim. Every word I said is true.
    Im not mad at you, Im just getting the light out about CTD. $850 was not the market value.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Bucks County)

I heard that Dick's has some LC green tip in stock for a pretty good price.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast