Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Concealed Carrying Pharmacist Saves Multiple Lives In West Virginia

http://bearingarms.com/concealed-car...west-virginia/

Concealed Carrying Pharmacist Saves Multiple Lives In West Virginia
    Posted by Bob Owens on February 18, 2015 at 6:32 pm

A pharmacist in West Virginia reacted to an armed robber threatening his staff this morning by pulling his concealed handgun and firing "several" shots at the gun-toting robber, dropping the violent suspect in his tracks.
    The robbery occurred about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Good Pharmacy on North Pinch Road, according to a news release from the sheriff’s department. Deputies said a masked male suspect entered the pharmacy and pointed a firearm at the staff. The pharmacist on duty pulled his own firearm that he was carrying concealed and fired the weapon at the suspect. The suspect was struck and fell onto the pharmacy floor. Staff at the pharmacy then began to perform lifesaving measures on the suspect. The suspect was transported to Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital where he was taken into surgery. The suspect did succumb to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital. Deputies said the name of the deceased will be released at a later time pending notification to the family. Currently, based upon witness interviews and video evidence charges will not be filed against the pharmacist, deputies said.
    You'll note something in this story, I hope. Those who spend their time and money to become proficient at self-defense pistolcraft tend to be hard-working professionals with a strong sense of family and community, who desire nothing more than to keep others safe from human predators that walk among us. They have no desire to hurt others, and only pull their weapons to save the lives of the good people in their homes, places of business, and community. After shooting this suspect twice, the pharmacist didn't attempt to finish off the suspect, nor did he or the staff stand around and watch him die. As soon as the robber was no longer a threat the staff called 911 and began attempting emergency medical procedures in an attempt to save the robber's life. I would love for people—especially people who are afraid of law-abiding concealed carriers—to really stop and think for a few minutes about the very different kinds of people represented in this story. On the one hand, we have a violent predator who was attempting to take either cash or drugs (or both) through violent criminal acts. He was threatening to end the lives of innocent people for a small amount of money or a temporary narcotic high. On the other hand, we had a pharmacist who willingly to take the inherent risk of going for his own weapon, making himself a target, in hopes of saving the lives of the other people in the store. Once the robber dropped to the floor and ceased being a threat, the people who had just had their lives threatened over nothing shrugged off their shock and fear and resentment in order to attempt to save a human life, because they felt it was the right thing to do. The right to bear arms for self-defense of ourselves and others is the most basic of all human rights precisely because we know that predators like this armed robber will always exist. People who care about protecting their families and communities from violent predators will arm themselves against the eventuality of evil intruding into their lives. You have the option of having options, or of being a victim. Choose wisely.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Concealed Carrying Pharmacist Saves Multiple Lives In West Virginia

It should similarly be available for all responsible working people.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Thumbs up Re: Concealed Carrying Pharmacist Saves Multiple Lives In West Virginia

Good guys win! The dagone pharmacist didn't even close down the store..swept up the broken glass and went right on serving customers!! hard man!! Give the guy a big ole thumbs UP!! hoooAaah!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...omment-8800878

(Montgomery County)

I wonder if the media has or will call the deceased a "victim."

If I had a lot of money, I would set publicly accessible website that reported all the situations in which a legally carrying citizen was able to stop a criminal act because of the gun on their person. It would certainly help prove that armed citizens are a deterrent to crime. The NRA asserts that is so, and I, and I suspect all of us agree) that is so. Maybe the NRA could set it up as Blog with open public access. Then whenever a +2A person had an official report of such an event they could send the info to the blogger. It should be a no comments blog because it would be about facts not opinions. Properly promoted the Blog would become known not only to +2A folks but also to fence sitters. The -2A cretans would likely just attack it. But with recent surveys showing that the majority of Americans are +2A to some degree the Blog would reinforce the 2A Right and societal benefit.

Maybe I will do it myself. With a free Wordpress blog and a retired guy's time it is affordable for me. Maybe PAFOA should do it. I (and I am sure others) would contribute time to it. The challenge would be getting the reports of such happenings across the country. That might be why the NRA with a national membership would be a better option.

What do you think about this idea?

(Allegheny County)

This story can't be true. Ask any anti and they will tell you that the idea of a good guy with a gun stopping a crime is just an NRA-generated myth.

(Allegheny County)

The media will portray the perp as a plain ol shopper just in the store to buy some skittles.....when he was gunned down in cold blood by the evil pharmacist.

(Delaware County)

This is why I will always take my prescriptions to the pharmacy down on State Street where I live - not only are they super 2A-friendly but the girl who works the counter is dating a PAFOA member whom I have met, and both of them are really cool people.
    Junior

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    http://bearingarms.com/concealed-car...west-virginia/

Posted by Bob Owens on February 18, 2015 at 6:32 pm

A pharmacist in West Virginia reacted to an armed robber threatening his staff this morning by pulling his concealed handgun and firing "several" shots at the gun-toting robber, dropping the violent suspect in his tracks.
    The robbery occurred about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Good Pharmacy on North Pinch Road, according to a news release from the sheriff’s department. Deputies said a masked male suspect entered the pharmacy and pointed a firearm at the staff. The pharmacist on duty pulled his own firearm that he was carrying concealed and fired the weapon at the suspect. The suspect was struck and fell onto the pharmacy floor. Staff at the pharmacy then began to perform lifesaving measures on the suspect. The suspect was transported to Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital where he was taken into surgery. The suspect did succumb to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital. Deputies said the name of the deceased will be released at a later time pending notification to the family. Currently, based upon witness interviews and video evidence charges will not be filed against the pharmacist, deputies said.
    You'll note something in this story, I hope. Those who spend their time and money to become proficient at self-defense pistolcraft tend to be hard-working professionals with a strong sense of family and community, who desire nothing more than to keep others safe from human predators that walk among us. They have no desire to hurt others, and only pull their weapons to save the lives of the good people in their homes, places of business, and community.............

Double-P:
    Great overview and summary - but I fail to agree with you one you begin your "human-compassion" aspect.

The perp had no concern for the lives of his victims - their responsibility ends after dialing 911. I can't agree with any life-saving efforts - in the event the perp survives he could return yet another day to perform more harm.

ALL violent crook deserve what they are served!

(Schuylkill County)

It's a shame that Obamacare will not cover the type of medicine dispensed.

Wink Re: Concealed Carrying Pharmacist Saves Multiple Lives In West Virginia

You can get the info from the article, but this'll save you some time: Shooter: Don Radcliff.. Owner " Mr Good" You can e-mail to the pharmacy, if ya wanna send them a note of congrats for the heroic ending to the attempted ARMED robbery(I did):

goodfamilyrx@aol.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast