Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone Have a S&W 360PD?

I've never owned a model 360 but I do currently own a colt cobra which is an aluminum framed .38 with 6 round capacity as opposed to 5. I have to say with .38 it isn't fun to shoot. I'll run a box of .357 through my Python and have less soreness in my hands than the cobra so I recently picked up a smith shield to replace it in carry rotation.
    I did consider buying a small .357 for more power but my first gun was a 3" .357 and I've fired a ruger sp101 in .357 and both of those all steel guns made the thought follow up just comical. I'll carry 9mm +p and keep the Python for when I want to feel more manly and fire magnums.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    I've never owned a model 360 but I do currently own a colt cobra which is an aluminum framed .38 with 6 round capacity as opposed to 5. I have to say with .38 it isn't fun to shoot. I'll run a box of .357 through my Python and have less soreness in my hands than the cobra so I recently picked up a smith shield to replace it in carry rotation.
    I did consider buying a small .357 for more power but my first gun was a 3" .357 and I've fired a ruger sp101 in .357 and both of those all steel guns made the thought follow up just comical. I'll carry 9mm +p and keep the Python for when I want to feel more manly and fire magnums.
    I have a Colt Cobra and you are right. Not fun, even though it's only a 38. The trigger guard is so small that it hits my finger every time. I would rather shoot my 686 with 357.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dont4get2doubletap View Post
    Thanks for some replys guys.

Im not doubting the 38spl as for its power, just that I already have a carry piece that I run the buffalo bore +P+ 147 9mm out of and I dont really like having two of the same power lever calibers in a carry piece, especialy when one is 18rds and one is 5. I just need to be able to shoot it enuff and run it thru my course to get the muscle memory developed for a revolver which I have never shot as a tactical/defense weapon (just long range plinking with that 357 i had)

I suppose I really just need to shoot one to know. It probally wont see more than 100rds the first week Id get it and then 5-10shots once every other week after that for its life. It will be taking the place of my tcp738 .380 if I go this route. If no replacement comes for the 380's spot I have a saturday night special .25acp that you wouldn't believe how accurate it is out to 25yrds and is smaller than a credit card as the back up piece.

The 44mag is cool and the barrel is long enough I can send it out to get ported and it would just be a new gun to add to the carry rotation of semi to full size guns.

I bought 21 guns since new years 2014 and have sold 10 of them, I go thru guns pretty often and I really hate buying something and immediately hating them, the revolvers are a pretty risky proposition to me since I have no real experience with them.
    I can guarantee you if you try shooting 100 rnds of full power 357 in one range session your hand may never be the same.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I can guarantee you if you try shooting 100 rnds of full power 357 in one range session your hand may never be the same.

when I say one week I mean shoot a cylinder a couple times a day for that week. not all in one sitting or only 2 days i have the ability to shoot everyday
    Last edited by Dont4get2doubletap; February 20th, 2015 at 01:12 AM.

(Mercer County)

I don't know why you're trying to convince us and qualify why you need something. You want it, get it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lancaster County)

Im not here to play the "its not a good enough self defense" game...
    I have two Scandium framed Smiths, a 342PD 38s J frame and a 329 44mag Night guard. Both are comfortable to shoot. I have been thinking of a 360 myself because I want the single action option, but then just loading it with 38 special. In the 44 I shoot a JHP 180 grain bullet, I have never shot a full loaded 240 grain out of it and only plan to do so if I ever get the chance to go into big bear country. Both guns work flawlessly and kick/snap less than the 380TCP that I sold. I might add I have XL hands and Im sure that helps.
    Sit down! You'll never clear leather.

(Greene County)

I have a 360 that is my EDC. Love it, pocket carry in a DeSantis 02. If the weather would warm up a little, you could try it. Live in NE Greene, what part of Washington?

Ken
    NRA Life
    Last edited by Ken41; February 20th, 2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by omgur2 View Post
    Both guns work flawlessly and kick/snap less than the 380TCP that I sold. I might add I have XL hands and Im sure that helps.

Really??

I just sold min tcp738 .380 today and was able to check out the 329pd 4in scandium and really liked it, they didnt have the 360pd there to look at tho.

Are you saying the .380 had as much snap/flip as the 360pd with 38+p or w the 357 in it? If it shoots like the tcp then I can shoot it all day long

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    I don't know why you're trying to convince us and qualify why you need something. You want it, get it.
    I agree, some people need to find things out for themselves.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by omgur2 View Post
    Im not here to play the "its not a good enough self defense" game...
    I have two Scandium framed Smiths, a 342PD 38s J frame and a 329 44mag Night guard. Both are comfortable to shoot. I have been thinking of a 360 myself because I want the single action option, but then just loading it with 38 special. In the 44 I shoot a JHP 180 grain bullet, I have never shot a full loaded 240 grain out of it and only plan to do so if I ever get the chance to go into big bear country. Both guns work flawlessly and kick/snap less than the 380TCP that I sold. I might add I have XL hands and Im sure that helps.
    That doesn't jive. Here is why:

The 329 SW weighs in at 1.5687 pounds. When you push a 180 grain jacketed hollow point out of it at 1,707 FPS, you're generating a recoil impulse of 1.73 lbs/sec, firearm recoil velocity of 35.45 fps, and generating 30.61 ft/lbs of free recoil energy.

Comparatively, the TCP weighs in at .6375 pounds. When you push a 90 grain jacketed hollow point out of it at 890 fps, you're generating a recoil impulse of .41 lbs/sec, firearm recoil velocity of 20.82 fps, and generating 4.29 ft/lbs of free recoil energy.

Granted these aren't EXACT figures, but come on. You're claiming a 10.4 ounce .380 is going to recoil more than a 25.1 ounce .44 magnum? Not on this planet. Physics disagrees.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; February 21st, 2015 at 05:09 AM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast