Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Opinions on the Kahr CW line

I am looking for a smaller summer carry gun. From what I have read on-line the majority of the reviews for the Kahr CW line are possitive.

The 40S&W can be had for under $300.00.
    The 45ACP a little over $300.00 both come with only one Mag, however I have read the 45 will take 1911 mags.

Default Re: Opinions on the Kahr CW line

carried my CW40 all day today.
    i like it and the price was right when i bought it new.
    I bought 2 extra mags for mine too .

thats the first i've heard of the cw45 taking 1911 mags,

Maybe with some mods .
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(York County)

Kahr makes great conceal carry guns. The "C" series guns are a good value, and IMO have all the same important features of the more expensive "P" series. I own 4 of them, so I guess you know my opinion.

Not sure exactly what you want to know? Just ask anything specific you want to know.

The CW 45 can take 1911 mags, some brands may need some light modification of the feed lips to fit.
    I have the smaller CM45 and have modified two 1911 mags for mine, one to be a flush fit 5 rd, and another a 7rd with a grip sleeve extension. Both work great.

(Allegheny County)

I had one in 9mm, no issues but the trigger IMO sucked.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I had one in 9mm, no issues but the trigger IMO sucked.
    For a firearm where a long trigger pull is desirable for safety sans any external safety I think Kahr got it right. It's action is very smooth and breaks cleanly. Its not overly heavy although I can see for some the travel seems long, but it does not bother me.

Most of the differences between the CW vs the P or K series are cosmetic. They have simpler cuts into the slide. Although this may make them only slightly less streamlined. Marks are stamped instead of rolled.

The two functional aspects are a traditional barrel rifling vs the hex rifling and pinned in sights.

I have the CW9 and I could not ask for anything better in a single stack 9mm.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    For a firearm where a long trigger pull is desirable for safety sans any external safety I think Kahr got it right. It's action is very smooth and breaks cleanly. Its not overly heavy although I can see for some the travel seems long, but it does not bother me.

Most of the differences between the CW vs the P or K series are cosmetic. They have simpler cuts into the slide. Although this may make them only slightly less streamlined. Marks are stamped instead of rolled.

The two functional aspects are a traditional barrel rifling vs the hex rifling and pinned in sights.

I have the CW9 and I could not ask for anything better in a single stack 9mm.
    I thought I may be able to get use to the trigger but long DA pulls IMO are for revolvers or guns with hammers.

I'm not knocking the gun, it shot great, was reliable and accurate. It's something to consider which I really didn't do when I bought it.

(Westmoreland County)

It’s kind of a toss up between the 40 or 45. I reload for both, and also own a Colt 1911, so plenty of extra mags. But then in the little guns the 40 may be a better choice, less felt recoil. Kahr has a good track record, I was just not sure of the Quality of there budget line of guns. Less than $300.00 for a Kahr sounds pretty good to me.

I owned the CW 40 for a short period of time. I struggled to manage the recoil so the slide would lock back on me frequently. I had to trade it in and go down to the CW 9. You may not have the same trouble, but I just thought I would share my experience.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Bersa just released the BP40cc, its the same size as the Kahr but you get 2 mags, a much better trigger, better sights, IMHO it is just a higher quality firearm. The Bersa isn't going to be under $300 but if you do wind up buying another mag + replacing the sights, you are probably paying around the same amount. Some people love them but if you check the Kahr forums, it's not hard to find people who have had problems, especially in .40.

(Lancaster County)

I carry a CM9 on a regular basis. Great gun and has been perfect since I bought it a few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast