Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Trade

Default Trade

So I posted on Armslist a NIB Stoeger Cougar compact 9mm that I impulse bought and don't need. I listed it at $400 and originally I would rather have had the cash than the gun, or another gun. But then a gentleman messaged me and offered me an M&P Pro series 5 inch 9mm with an Apex trigger- straight trade. I've never been a fan of the M&P but I figure I should give this a shot. It has a custom stipple job from some company that does them and it looks pretty tasteful. Gun looks to be in excellent condition with a round count of about 600.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal and am planning to make the trade.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

Default Re: Trade

Personally I'd rather have the Cougar because I prefer steel over polymer but the piece you're getting in the trade is a nice one.

Doesn't sound like you were attached to and will miss the Stoeger so I think you'll be happy with the deal.

(Westmoreland County)

Sounds like you're getting into another impulse transaction. Hold out for the cash and get what you really want.

(Montgomery County)

I would definitely make that trade, seems like you're getting the better end of the deal by a pretty wide margin.

While your getting the better deal... Your again like said before into another impulse buy. You said it yourself you'd rather have the cash then another gun. You also said your not a fan of the gun he is offering you.

If you don't need the Cougar you don't need the M&P. I'd hold out for the cash if I were you.

Well I went for the M&P. Gun, 5 factory magazines, PHLster Kydex holster, Apex aluminum trigger, all the original trigger parts, replacement fiber optic front sight, extra springs, custom pro stipple job on the grip, all factory paperwork and case.

Not bad for 400 bucks. On Gunbroker the new gun with 2 mags alone are going for 599. I like it and the apex trigger feels like a revolver in single action. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    Well I went for the M&P. Gun, 5 factory magazines, PHLster Kydex holster, Apex aluminum trigger, all the original trigger parts, replacement fiber optic front sight, extra springs, custom pro stipple job on the grip, all factory paperwork and case.

Not bad for 400 bucks. On Gunbroker the new gun with 2 mags alone are going for 599. I like it and the apex trigger feels like a revolver in single action. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
    I am jealous! Good trade.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post

Not bad at all, if you ever want to sell the M&P shoot me a pm. Haha