Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Question South Birdsboro Club

Has anyone been a member at South Birdsboro? From the looks of things it is very close to my house in Douglassville but I haven't been able to find out any information about this club.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

Default Re: South Birdsboro Club

ive shot there a couple times but not a member........i think u need to have a sponcer and watch a video....sorry i couldnt help more

(Berks County)

I just asked in another thread about how things have been since i was last there. Its been 12 years and im only 22. I will see if i cant find out anymore information.

(Berks County)

BTT... Needin' more info on this club.

(Berks County)

From what i remember and this has been a long time ago. There is a 300 yard rifle range and a 50 yard pistol range. Just went over my break and visited and confirmed this. As well as archery and 22 range. Other than that about how its run i cant remember not sure however they have meetings every third thursday of the month and you can go around 6-7pm and get info about how to join. From what i remember its been there a long time. Since my grandfather and his father with some other of their friends founded the club long before i was born. Thats about all i know about it.

(Berks County)

The club does have a rifle, pistol and archery range. It is primarily a Hunting club....the club owns some land and also has an agreement/access to the Water management land behind it available to hunt. While you can certainluy sight in a rifle or pistol, the club does not "encourage" a lot of Target practice due to the proximity of lots of homes nearby. (Noise complaints)

Joining is easy, stop by on one of the monthly meetings on Thursday (3rd, I think)

Cost is $20/year.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaSport View Post
    While you can certainluy sight in a rifle or pistol, the club does not "encourage" a lot of Target practice due to the proximity of lots of homes nearby. (Noise complaints)
    Well, I guess I'll have to take this one off my list. I don't know about you guys, but if I join a club, I'm joining it so I can go there to shoot, not to get (potentially) hassled by the club or its neighbors because of the noise from shooting.

Too bad, this club is really close to my house. The search continues...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

Thanks for the info FlaSport, but I think that I'm going to have to go the same way as CR. I want a club that I can join and play with my EBRs as well as my handguns and use for training sessions including self defense drills. Unfortunately it sounds like this would not be an appropriate club for me. Oh, well, maybe I should look into Topton.

(Berks County)

YOu guys may also want to check out the Northern Chester County Sportsmens Club. If you are close to S. Birdsboro, you should be pretty close to this one also. It is just off Hwy 345, about a mile from Hopewell Iron Furnace. Membership is about $40/year. They have pistol and rifle ranges and are pretty much OK with just about anything you may want to shoot. Members are in the process of trying to upgrade the clubhouse which has an indoor pistol range. I can try to get information about membership. I joined by going to a meeting with another member. Just handed them a check at the time, burt there may be a more formal application process.

(Berks County)

That would be fantastic. I had the basics for them once but misplaced it before I could get in touch with the guy. A real shame to because the way he explained it to me it sounded like just what I was looking for.