Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Stock up on M855, it may be a memory

Buyers not sellers enable price gouging. No buyer, no gouging.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Just so all y'all are aware:

This includes leaving neg rep for someone posting something for sale. This has already been enforced, today, and will continue to be enforced.
    Yep. I got nabbed for doing it. Without risking further points and an actual ban, I suspect this is yet another instance where the folks who don't care for both sides of "freedom" (the other side being commentary upon the jackholes who take advantage of a panic) have caused Danp to institute a bad rule. I'm not sure what the motivation is for wanting to allow people to troll for suckers and not allowing commentary or even rep, but whatever--it's Dan's world--he's free to take bad advice.

In the spirit of trying to beat the opportunists into submission, I'll offer you this:

As of this post, both SGAMMO and AIM have M855 in stock. The former has lake city and PTAC at ~50c/round or a shade under. The latter has Carl Gustav (swedish, berdan primed) at ~ 44c/round. In the interest of disclosure--I had a prior CS credit with AIM and bought a can right before I posted this as I don't reload 5.56.

Don't pay the idiots in the classifieds here.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Price gouging is a term that describes an action due to circumstances, not a figure of speech.

It is when I use it as such.

(Bucks County)

Opportunity looks biggest when it is receding from view. That is sales 101 and the reason pressure sales have an expiration of midnight tonight..

Government (under Nixon, IIRC) put price caps on some things attempting to control the market. The rule of unintended consequences almost always kicks in from such interferences. Better the market remain free.

As for "gougers".... I have read there were some of those who had a well sold a canteen full of water for $100 during the gold rush days of 1849 Kalyvornja. Now, that's gouging.

ATF has attorneys that advise what can or must be done to enforce existing law. Existing law needs to be refined, if not repealed.

(Allegheny County)

Vendors must be scrambling to buy it as much as consumers are.

I've gotten email alerts from several vendors that have rarely sent me any product updates, but now that ALL seem to have "found" some M855 and are only too happy to let me know that it's available "while supplies last!"

LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post

As of this post, both SGAMMO and AIM have M855 in stock. The former has lake city and PTAC at ~50c/round or a shade under. The latter has Carl Gustav (swedish, berdan primed) at ~ 44c/round. In the interest of disclosure--I had a prior CS credit with AIM and bought a can right before I posted this as I don't reload 5.56.

Don't pay the idiots in the classifieds here.
    Whats the deal with Carl Gustav M855? Lead free? Full steel core? I read elsewhere that it is hot ammo and rounds show signs of high pressure in warmer weather.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    But what about 7n6? Was it just easier to do since it was imported?
    That just came outta no where. I thought that was banned because they were banning all ammo Russian made as a finger wag against the Crimean invasion. Also as someone who doesn't shoot it, i had no idea till it was done. But if the reasons for its ban were as lame as this, yeah i think we should all raise he'll about it too. Otherwise we're just a bunch of Fudds.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I've gotten email alerts from several vendors that have rarely sent me any product updates, but now that ALL seem to have "found" some M855 and are only too happy to let me know that it's available "while supplies last!"

LOL
    Some have supposedly stopped ordering for good. How much inventory do you want when people stop buying and the ATF announces their final, imminent date for it to be illegal to sell?

(Butler County)

Yeah, it's a bit of a gamble for distributors and retailers because if the ban actually happens, you don't want to be caught with a billion rounds on hand.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

LOL
    Oh I'm sure they are hitting up their overseas suppliers like Prvi Partisan and IMI and trying to get this stuff crated and shipped by container here ASAP.

But this is bullshit we have to go through all this crap.

Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast