Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default DOMINO’S GUN BAN UPDATE: AT LEAST 8 DRIVERS SHOT, 3 KILLED SINCE START OF 2012

And their Pizza sux too!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...start-of-2012/

Domino’s Pizza’s ban on delivery drivers possessing guns for self-defense is infamous. It’s been reported by NRANews and The Truth About Guns, among others.

And now we can report that a 22-year-old Domino’s Pizza delivery woman has been raped and robbed in Antioch, California.

According to SFGate.com, the driver “arrived at a home on the 2800 block of Bluebell Circle” to deliver a pizza at 11:20 am on February 8, only to be met by an armed 17-year-old who forced her to drive to a second location — where he sexually assaulted her. He then forced her to drive him back to the original address, where he robbed her and “fled from the car on foot.”

The delivery woman drove back to the Domino’s restaurant and police were called.

Domino’s spokesman Tim McIntyre said Domino’s executives are “shocked and horrified by what happened.” He said the company “couldn’t conceive of something like this happening, especially on a Sunday morning.”

Note to Mr. McIntyre and Domino’s pizza executives: Crime happens every day of the week. And criminals love to strike victims who’ve been rendered defenseless by asinine gun free policies.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: DOMINO’S GUN BAN UPDATE: AT LEAST 8 DRIVERS SHOT, 3 KILLED SINCE START OF 2012

That one might have been as much or more due to it being CA than just it being Domino's--at least in a normal state the driver could have carried anyway discreetly and just been fired after the fact but not robbed, raped, or killed.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: DOMINO’S GUN BAN UPDATE: AT LEAST 8 DRIVERS SHOT, 3 KILLED SINCE START OF 2012

Yeah I blame Cali. You bet if I had to work for dominos I would carry anyways.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Yeah I blame Cali. You bet if I had to work for dominos I would carry anyways.
    Maybe. The majority of people don't carry anywhere that permits are required as far as I know. In PA only a little over 10% are licensed overall and there are people under 21 delivering pizzas. I also think the majority or CA counties issue carry permits at this point.

As far as Dominos is concerned, I think it would take some savvy to change their rules. If they made it obvious that they allowed their drivers to carry I think a little publicity would result in a double digit percentage of their customers refraining from calling their brand of pimple-faced pizza kid to their front door. There is a sizable minority of people in this country that are scared of guns. A Home Depot that "follows state laws" in states where people know there are CCPs in public is probably only going to discourage the hardest core anti, while maybe keeping some 2A supporters on your client list. Having some young Emo/Dopehead/whatever kid come to the front door of your house and interact with you one on one while you know there is a specific reason they might have a gun is a bridge to far for a higher number of people.

But the carry ban sure as heck won't discourage the criminals from picking on their drivers.

(Allegheny County)

if I owned a pizza delivery service, I would not want the liability of armed drivers either. I also doubt my commercial insurer would permit me to allow them either.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I wouldn't want the eternal guilt on me if one of my employees was killed/raped/maimed and there was a possibility that a carry gun could have prevented it, but for MY companies policy on firearms carry. If any of my employees qualified for a PA LTCF, I'd encourage them to carry. I'd also look around for a better insurer.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    if I owned a pizza delivery service, I would not want the liability of armed drivers either. I also doubt my commercial insurer would permit me to allow them either.

(Indiana County)

I believe the proprietor assumes liability if the employee asks for permission to carry and receives same. However, if the employee doesn't ask, it isn't prohibited, and the employee is forced to defend his/her life with such, is there any liability?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

I wouldn't want the eternal guilt on me if one of my employees was killed/raped/maimed and there was a possibility that a carry gun could have prevented it, but for MY companies policy on firearms carry. If any of my employees qualified for a PA LTCF, I'd encourage them to carry. I'd also look around for a better insurer.

Regards, Jim
    Except that your policy wouldn't prevent the employee from carrying - only the employee's decision to follow your policy.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Except that your policy wouldn't prevent the employee from carrying - only the employee's decision to follow your policy.
    What if the employer doesn't say anything? It isn't in the policy book that you can't carry and it is not encouraged either? Essentially leaving it up to the employee? Would liability be on the employer then?

I'm pretty sure if the job requires being armed you'd need your Act 235....but what if the job didn't require being armed and you wanted to be anyway?

Bingo! That is the answer. Just do not address it one way of the other.
    Right of citizens to bear arms ...shall not be questioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast