Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default HB 415 & HB 418 Now in the House

More legislation to review:

I'm ambivalent about this one. But, my main point of opposition is how shall it be enforced without registration of guns and home inspections?

Regular Session 2015-2016
    House Bill 415

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in minors, providing for the offense of access to firearms by minors; and imposing penalties.

Prime Sponsor: Representative BRIGGS

Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Feb. 9, 2015 [House]

Memo: Child Access Prevention
    HB 418 Is one to oppose:

Regular Session 2015-2016
    House Bill 418

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, prohibiting use of human silhouette targets at shooting ranges; and imposing a penalty.

Prime Sponsor: Representative KIRKLAND

Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Feb. 9, 2015 [House]

Memo: Shooting Range Legislation
    Attached Files Attached Files

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: HB 415 & HB 418 Now in the House

They are both garbage. A minor is anyone under 18. I know 15 and 16 yr old kids that shoot better than some adults. It's not an age thing.

(Northampton County)

415 is about criminalizing legal gun ownership. And there is a big camel attached to the nose you see poking under the tent.

Just ask the states where all guns must be locked up with ammo separate unless carried on the body. Or where a cop can kick in your door if he sees an unattended gun.

We don't need ANY more laws that turn law abiding gun owners into criminals.

There are already laws on the books for recklessly endangering your minor or others. The only reason they want a law for guns is so they have something to start tightening the screws.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    415 is about criminalizing legal gun ownership. And there is a big camel attached to the nose you see poking under the tent.

Just ask the states where all guns must be locked up with ammo separate unless carried on the body. Or where a cop can kick in your door if he sees an unattended gun.

We don't need ANY more laws that turn law abiding gun owners into criminals.

There are already laws on the books for recklessly endangering your minor or others. The only reason they want a law for guns is so they have something to start tightening the screws.
    Don't forget the guy in Jersey that just had a warrantless search upheld because the cop saw a case that "could" hold a gun in his backseat.

The entire UFA needs scrapped and rewritten:

Any person who has been convicted of a felony is ineligible to possess a firearm for a term of 5 years after their release from prison. If they have had no criminal convictions in that time their rights shall be automatically restored. If they have a criminal conviction the 5 years starts over at the date of conviction or if sentenced to prison the date of their release.

No permit or license is required to possess/carry/transport a firearm in the Commonwealth by any citizen of the United States that may legally own a firearm. A license shall be issued, free of cost, by any sheriff to any citizen meeting the requirements to own a firearm upon request for the purpose of complying with the Federal school zone requirement, reciprocity with other states or any other reason.

Municipalities are forbidden to pass any regulation or ordinance dealing with firearms.

Probably need another section here for who runs the background check system and the mandatory 5 year prison term for any government employee failing to abide by these regulations. Everything else I can think of is bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    More legislation to review:

I'm ambivalent about this one. But, my main point of opposition is how shall it be enforced without registration of guns and home inspections?
    Yes. after all we can't have those 11 and 14 year olds defending their families, after all they're not responsible enough, right? Before you answer maybe ask these folks;

http://www.guns.com/2014/12/18/defen...pas-gun-audio/
    http://gunsnfreedom.com/11-year-old-...-home-invader/
    http://sellingthesecondamendment.com...lars-with-gun/

(Delaware County)

Consider who the sponsors are. Both Democrats. Briggs who targets gun owners by sponsoring a law that is already on the books as another poster points out. And Kirkland, a perennial chester city lapdog for the enemies of firearm ownership.. Perhaps the state legislators should advise Kirkland to clean up his own mess in the crime laden city he represents. At any rate, both are DOA. Either outright or via additions put on by pro gun legislators that will poison the original intent of the sponsors.
    Last edited by c45man; February 10th, 2015 at 01:39 PM.

(Cumberland County)

They know that neither has a chance in hell of getting through the legislature. They can go back to the sheep that elected them and the donors who funded them and say "I tried to {blah} just like you wanted, so give me $$ for my re-election campaign".

Term limits would fix this bull shit.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Chester County)

The only law that isn't objectionable that is to be introduced is one that repeals all the laws already written. There are already too many unconstitutional laws written restricting, questioning and infringing on the right to keep and bear arms.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    They know that neither has a chance in hell of getting through the legislature. They can go back to the sheep that elected them and the donors who funded them and say "I tried to {blah} just like you wanted, so give me $$ for my re-election campaign".
    I am very concerned that our own side does the same thing, just writes bills then roll over and refuse to do what it takes to pass them. Some platitudes about "bipartisanship" and "reaching across the aisle" are given or "well, it's all those liberals in Philly and Pittsburg"...
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent