Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: BUMP in the night stories...

I've had the stupid stink bug's walk across the downstairs motion detector. There's me in my boxer's and 45 drawing on a bug stupid stink bug.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I have one that my ex wife still likes to tell. She was six months pregnant and we lived in a small apartment. One night I kept hearing noise out in the living room. I grabbed the 10mm and checked things out. It was just the upstairs neighbors on the stairs that went over our laundry closet just off the living room.

I went back to our bedroom and as I'm standing there looking down at my wife, it occurs to me in my sick and twisted mind, how it would look to her if she wakes up. Recently married, pregnant and me standing over her with a large 1911 in my hand. I got flashes of Lifetime movies of the week in my mind. I told her about getting up, coming back and thinking about it and she tells everyone sooner or later

I was actually standing there feeling all in love and happy when it struck me how things get misinterpreted
    Yup, remember myself in a similiar situation. 9mm in one hand and friggin pillow in the other
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I have one that my ex wife still likes to tell. She was six months pregnant and we lived in a small apartment. One night I kept hearing noise out in the living room. I grabbed the 10mm and checked things out. It was just the upstairs neighbors on the stairs that went over our laundry closet just off the living room.

I went back to our bedroom and as I'm standing there looking down at my wife, it occurs to me in my sick and twisted mind, how it would look to her if she wakes up. Recently married, pregnant and me standing over her with a large 1911 in my hand. I got flashes of Lifetime movies of the week in my mind. I told her about getting up, coming back and thinking about it and she tells everyone sooner or later

I was actually standing there feeling all in love and happy when it struck me how things get misinterpreted
    Sounds like my wife's imagination...she gets all suspicious when I shop for guns or watch any show with a murder in it.

There's no way I could find a better wife...I'm not going to kill her.

(Monroe County)

About 6 years ago me and my then fiance (now wife) had a quite evening at home in our new house. We have drinks while cooking dinner together, eat and then light a fire in the fireplace. After a movie we head to the bedroom.

We are in the mist of amorous activities when she gets scared telling me someones in the house and she sees flashes of a flashlight downstairs reflecting into upstairs hallway. We live on the top of a mountain on a dead end street with a house or two past us and our house is set back from the street so I knew there was no light coming from the street.

Normally if I "know" someones in my house i'm all about taking a defensive position and calling 911 but there are so many "bumps in the night" to check out I would be calling 911 once a week so without being certain of an intruder (breaking glass, slam against door, dog goes nuts) I sweep the house myself.

I normally do this with a flashlight and my pistol but for some reason I grabbed my shotgun and jumped out the bedroom door making my way downstairs to investigate with my dog right behind me, because of the current acitivities this all occurs butt naked.

As I enter the living room I see the fireplace flames had grown again and the flickering of the flame had given the appearance of a light moving throughout the house.

I laugh, my dog groans and we go back to the bedroom where i find my now wife is laughing telling me the greatest sight in the world was me clearing the house butt naked with a pitbull a shotgun and a hard on. She still tells family and anyone who will listen this story and laughs very hard when she does, me and the dog don't find it as funny.
    Last edited by ByAnyMeans; February 18th, 2015 at 03:03 PM.

(Mercer County)

I've debated whether or not to post this, as it breaks a cardinal rule of home defense: never go after someone. But, it happened, so why not.

A couple years ago, a buddy and I shared an apartment in college. The apartment was located off campus, outside of town. It was in an old house's basement. One night I couldn't sleep, so I decided to watch a movie in the "living room." It was about 2:30 am, and everybody was sleeping. Well, I fell asleep during the movie, and woke up around 4 needing to take a leak. So, I walk into the bathroom, and up to the toilet which was located at the far wall, by a window. The window was at head height as you'd imagine. Midstream, I look out the window, about a foot to my right. As I'm staring out the window, I notice two vertical things where there shouldn't be anything. Now, I was second guessing myself because i was tired, and the whole light/darkness balance wasn't in my favor. So, I leaned right up close to the glass, and to my surprise saw jeans and boots. I about shit myself, drew my pistol, and beat feet out of the bathroom. In the next thirty seconds, I quietly woke my buddy up and apprised him of the situation. We quickly formulated a plan, he threw on a pair of pants, grabbed his glock, and out the door we went.

I was out front first, and then we paralleled each other all the way around the house. Nobody was found. The grass was wet that night, and outside the window to the bathroom were boot prints. They also tracked up to the road, at a run. Somebody was up to no good that night. Every hair on my body was standing on end, and I had slight shakes afterwards. My buddy experienced the same.

It still gives me the willies. We debated calling the police,but for whatever reason decided not to.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Well, there was the story I posted here a few years ago when it wasn't a "bump" but rather a severe banging and screaming at my door at 0230ish. It turned out to be the real deal, a neighbor in serious trouble, beaten and raped in her home. Long story but she was no longer under threat and the cops got him before he got stupid with me. I'm pretty sure my hand on my gun had a lot to do with him staying back.

The next one was here, about the same time of night. A skunk under the porch. Literally a bump in the night. It was her last night. I felt sorry for her. But in such a territorial dispute I had to stand my ground.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Warren County)

Circa 1984 or so....

We're sleeping and a crashboom wakes us.

I grab the revolver and bigass maglight and clear my way thru the living room to kitchen and garage beyond. Locked doors and windows and nothing amiss.

Wasn't until I made my way back I saw the missing picture. The hook was still on the nail in the wall, but the screw threads chose that night to let go.

Happy happy thats all it was.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I laugh, my dog groans and we go back to the bedroom where i find my now wife is laughing telling me the greatest sight in the world was me clearing the house butt naked with a pitbull a shotgun and a hard on. She still tells family and anyone who will listen this story and laughs very hard when she does, me and the dog don't find it as funny.

this is my gun...this is my rilfe
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

My daughter, when she was about 2-3 years old, started telling us there were people in her room at night. This went on for a couple years. She SWORE they walked through her room at night. Her room is on the front wall of the house and shares a wall with our room, and our doors open to the same hallway right next to each other. Our door stays open so I can see the front door , living room, hallway and the driveway just by opening one eye. I never saw anyone. Then one night, I had to pee. Got done, stepped out of the bathroom and three 'people' walked past me and into her room. WTF?!!!!!

I ran and got my gun, I'm ready to kill people. I step back into the hallway and three more walked right past me into her room. Now, I'm really awake, SCARED, and ready for war!!

Then it dawned on me. Optical illusion !!! Our street has an 's' bend three doors down from our house. At the apex of the 's' the headlights of cars coming up our street sweep the front of our house. We have a bow window in the front of our house, with six lights of triple-pane glass. Yeah, the headlights sweep the house, the bow window bends the light and reflects it down the hallway, as the car continues through the turn it creates movement= people walking down the hallway into her room.

Poor kid must have been scared to death. It's bad enough having me for a Dad, but having ghosts walk through the room every night, that would have pushed me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    My daughter, when she was about 2-3 years old, started telling us there were people in her room at night. This went on for a couple years. She SWORE they walked through her room at night. Her room is on the front wall of the house and shares a wall with our room, and our doors open to the same hallway right next to each other. Our door stays open so I can see the front door , living room, hallway and the driveway just by opening one eye. I never saw anyone. Then one night, I had to pee. Got done, stepped out of the bathroom and three 'people' walked past me and into her room. WTF?!!!!!

I ran and got my gun, I'm ready to kill people. I step back into the hallway and three more walked right past me into her room. Now, I'm really awake, SCARED, and ready for war!!

Then it dawned on me. Optical illusion !!! Our street has an 's' bend three doors down from our house. At the apex of the 's' the headlights of cars coming up our street sweep the front of our house. We have a bow window in the front of our house, with six lights of triple-pane glass. Yeah, the headlights sweep the house, the bow window bends the light and reflects it down the hallway, as the car continues through the turn it creates movement= people walking down the hallway into her room.

Poor kid must have been scared to death. It's bad enough having me for a Dad, but having ghosts walk through the room every night, that would have pushed me over the edge.
    Man...poor kid, that's downright freaky.

Get some good light-blocking shades after that?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast