Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast

Default Re: Semi automatic weapons! Congratulations on your decision

If your not going to hunt deer this year, Please herd them up and do a deer drive to Wisconsin. Our DNR is got things so screwed that you can hardly find deer.

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

I had to get in on this hunting semi debate. I moved here from Oklahoma 4 1/2 years ago. Granted I have not hunted here for deer since my move.
    I had been hunting back home since the 80's with semi guns.
    Hunted with ar15 most my life.
    I never had a problem dropping a deer with .556. Yes it's all about shot placement. I prefer the spine or head. Also hunting with an ar you were only allowed to use a 5rd mag. I'm a firm believer one shot one kill. Now on the other hand with hogs it is different. I do not own any bolts guns. I sure would like to hunt with my ar.
    If not I'll just go back home and hunt. ;-).

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

(Allegheny County)

Default SB 192 Legislation allowing the Game Commission to set its own license fees

It's time for your action!
    On Wednesday, April 26, the House GAME AND FISHERIES Committee will hold a voting meeting for SB 30 [ Authority to Establish Fees -- Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission ]and SB 192 [Legislation allowing the PA Game Commission to set its own license fees ].

I suggest you Oppose any PGC license increase SB 192 at least until the audit is completed on how the PGC has been spending all it money especially all BIG dollars received from the Marcellus gas royalties along with timber / mineral sales on SGL.

remember the PGC had extra money to selectively send out questionnaires about NOT letting you hunt big game with a semi-auto rifle, as they didn't like the results of public comments after many people contacted them unsolicited asking for them to be allowed to used for big game.

IF you want to send an email and express your opinion about letting agency set its own license fees is a BAD IDEA (to as high as they want or you will not tolerate and refuse to buy when its so expensive it just not worth it for what you get in return, especially if you use public property)

Use the BCC
    These emails address of all Game and Fish committee members

Abernstine@pahousegop.com; bcook@pahousegop.com; jcox@pahousegop.com; jemrick@pahousegop.com; henglish@pahousegop.com; geverett@pahousegop.com; mfee@pahousegop.com; mflynn@pahouse.net; mgergely@pahouse.net; khaggerty@pahouse.net; bjozwiak@pahousegop.com; mmadden@pahouse.net; dmaloney@pahousegop.com; smccarter@pahouse.net; tmehaffie@pahousegop.com; dmoul@pahousegop.com; gmullery@pahouse.net; eneilson@pahouse.net; mpeifer@pahousegop.com; bsims@pahouse.net; psnyder@pahouse.net; gvitali@pahouse.net; jwalsh@pahousegop.com; rwarner@pahousegop.com; pwentling@pahousegop.com; kgillesp@pahousegop.com; bbarbin@pahouse.net;

There is NO reason why both the PFBC or PGC shouldn’t have to present a proposed budget and projected goals needs to justify a license fee increase, as they have done for over a 100 years to the state legislators. This way everyone knows its not spent foolishly.

People or agencies will spend every dime they can get their hands, even on wasteful items, just because they got money to spend and no accountability on what it was used for.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: SB 192 Legislation allowing the Game Commission to set its own license fees

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    It's time for your action!
    On Wednesday, April 26, the House GAME AND FISHERIES Committee will hold a voting meeting for SB 30 [ Authority to Establish Fees -- Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission ]and SB 192 [Legislation allowing the PA Game Commission to set its own license fees ].

I suggest you Oppose any PGC license increase SB 192 at least until the audit is completed on how the PGC has been spending all it money especially all BIG dollars received from the Marcellus gas royalties along with timber / mineral sales on SGL.

remember the PGC had extra money to selectively send out questionnaires about NOT letting you hunt big game with a semi-auto rifle, as they didn't like the results of public comments after many people contacted them unsolicited asking for them to be allowed to used for big game.

IF you want to send an email and express your opinion about letting agency set its own license fees is a BAD IDEA (to as high as they want or you will not tolerate and refuse to buy when its so expensive it just not worth it for what you get in return, especially if you use public property)

Use the BCC
    These emails address of all Game and Fish committee members

Abernstine@pahousegop.com; bcook@pahousegop.com; jcox@pahousegop.com; jemrick@pahousegop.com; henglish@pahousegop.com; geverett@pahousegop.com; mfee@pahousegop.com; mflynn@pahouse.net; mgergely@pahouse.net; khaggerty@pahouse.net; bjozwiak@pahousegop.com; mmadden@pahouse.net; dmaloney@pahousegop.com; smccarter@pahouse.net; tmehaffie@pahousegop.com; dmoul@pahousegop.com; gmullery@pahouse.net; eneilson@pahouse.net; mpeifer@pahousegop.com; bsims@pahouse.net; psnyder@pahouse.net; gvitali@pahouse.net; jwalsh@pahousegop.com; rwarner@pahousegop.com; pwentling@pahousegop.com; kgillesp@pahousegop.com; bbarbin@pahouse.net;

There is NO reason why both the PFBC or PGC shouldn’t have to present a proposed budget and projected goals needs to justify a license fee increase, as they have done for over a 100 years to the state legislators. This way everyone knows its not spent foolishly.

People or agencies will spend every dime they can get their hands, even on wasteful items, just because they got money to spend and no accountability on what it was used for.
    Hope you've all done this.
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: SB 192 Legislation allowing the Game Commission to set its own license fees

I take it no news is bad news?

EDIT....I found what I needed to know.
    Last edited by SWIGIN; May 13th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I have long since believed that the only dumb question, is the one that is not asked. So here goes and forgive me that I just do not know everything.

Given the information below, can I use my AR (5.56) for hunting squirrels? I am not saying it is a good idea, I am just asking if is it possible, legally. I see that caliber restrictions do not apply to both whistle pigs and coyotes. However, the caliber restriction is 22 and below for small game. I have a model 60 that I would love to use as that makes much more sense every way you look at it. But I also know 5.56 is 223 and actual bullet diameter is something like 0.2236" or something like that. To me that is larger than 22 caliber and therefore it would be unlawful, right? But I know next to nothing about bullets, reloading, wildcats, cartridge history and anything else on this topic. I can use a Vernier Micrometer but that is it. What is you take?

The 2017-2018 digest says the following related to the usage of Semiautomatic rifles.

"Arms & Ammunition

1) Manually operated and semiautomatic 10-gauge or less shotguns with a capacity of no more than 3 shells in the chamber and magazine combined; 2) Manually operated and semiautomatic rifles and manually operated handguns 22-caliber or less; 3) Air-guns for small game in calibers from .177 to .22, for woodchucks at least 22-caliber, that propel a single-projectile or bullet. BB ammunition is prohibited. 4) Muzzleloading rifles and handguns 40-caliber or less, and shotguns 10-gauge or less; and 5) long, recurve and compound bows and arrows, and crossbows. Single-projectile ammunition, or fine shot pellets no larger than No. 4 lead, bismuth-tin, or tungsten-iron, or other approved non-toxic shot or No. 2 steel. Note: Rifle and handgun caliber restrictions do not apply when hunting woodchucks (PGC, 2017 p.40)

Firearms While Trapping

To dispatch trapped animals during deer season, trappers are limited to semiautomatic or manually operated 22-caliber or smaller rifles, manually operated 22-caliber or smaller rimfire handguns, or air- or gas-operated firearms that are 22-caliber. Persons under 12 may use only a manually operated 22-caliber or smaller rimfire rifle, and only when accompanied by an adult (PGC, 2017 p.51)

Firearms for Hunting Furbearers

It is unlawful to take furbearers, including bobcats, with shotguns using shot larger than size number 4 buckshot, or implements that are not lawful firearms, bows or crossbows. Semi-automatic and manually operated rifles or manually operated handguns of any caliber, manual or semiautomatic shotguns and, bows and crossbows can be used. Air- or gas-operated fireams of at least 22-caliber and propel a single-projectile pellet or bullet can be used. Persons hunting furbearers, including coyotes, foxes, bobcats, raccoons, striped skunks, opossums and weasels, may use gun-mounted lights that do not project a laser-light beam (PGC, 2017 p.51)"

Here is the link that PGC posted to the "2017-2018 Hunting and Trapping Digest."

(Tioga County)

It seems to me that your old trusty 22 rimfire bullet measures .223.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Lancaster County)

Time to splat some woodchucks then, and my Marlin 60 will get some squirrel time this year.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

5.45x39mm AKs are good for lots of stuff then. Bullet diameter is .22" - smaller in diameter than even 22LR.

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast