Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Breaking News: PA Game Commission Commissioners REFUSE to Authorize Semi's for Bi

Quote Originally Posted by theunrulychef View Post
    I will still buy one because we eat a lot of venison. I'll just be shaking my tiny angry fist at the PGC for their betrayal.
    Giant eagle sells all the meat I need, I'll stand my ground by not supporting this incompetent organization.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Breaking News: PA Game Commission Commissioners REFUSE to Authorize Semi's for Bi

Do we know when these are taking effect? I do not plan on purchasing a hunting license for next year and have let the pgc know. I want to know if I will be able to use for small game until I will need next year's license.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by lardmonkey2 View Post
    Do we know when these are taking effect? I do not plan on purchasing a hunting license for next year and have let the pgc know. I want to know if I will be able to use for small game until I will need next year's license.
    Nope. The rules for this license year remain the same.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Giant eagle sells all the meat I need, I'll stand my ground by not supporting this incompetent organization.
    A lot more people tried the same thing because they disagreed with the way the PGC handles the deer herd. Didn't phase them one bit.

Look, most of us knew large game likely wouldn't happen right away. We (myself included) got excited by the initial meeting and shock that it seemed the PGC was jumping in with both feet. Turns out they didn't but are doing what most of us assumed would happen. The decades we have been hunting without semi's had more to do with our legislators inaction over the PGC. It just got tossed on them a few months ago. Give them a chance to digest it a bit. Nothing is keeping me from pursuing the sport I love.

You going to not renew your LTCF if our legislature fails to remove the c&r clause, or the myriad of other pro gun bills that never seem to go anywhere?
    Last edited by God's Country; March 28th, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    A lot more people tried the same thing because they disagreed with the way the PGC handles the deer herd. Didn't phase them one bit.

Look, most of us knew large game likely wouldn't happen right away. We (myself included) got excited by the initial meeting and shock that it seemed the PGC was jumping in with both feet. Turns out they didn't but are doing what most of us assumed would happen. The decades we have been hunting without semi's had more to do with our legislators inaction over the PGC. It just got tossed on them a few months ago. Give them a chance to digest it a bit. Nothing is keeping me from pursuing the sport I love.

You going to not renew your LTCF if our legislature fails to remove the c&r clause, or the myriad of other pro gun bills that never seem to go anywhere?
    The PGC going forward with deer management plans was based on science. It works, regardless of feelings to the contrary. We have better deer for it.

The PGC going forward with semis for all species was based on statistics. There is no difference in accident statistics between us and surrounding states that allow semis. What they did was listen to the blathering of idiots that are driven by emotion, not facts. They took a giant step backwards when they gave in to those voices. That's why I will not support them...they need to be forward looking. If they refuse to be, they will not see another dime from me.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

West Virginia is not that far away.......and I have a fully functioning truck.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The PGC going forward with deer management plans was based on science. It works, regardless of feelings to the contrary. We have better deer for it.

The PGC going forward with semis for all species was based on statistics. There is no difference in accident statistics between us and surrounding states that allow semis. What they did was listen to the blathering of idiots that are driven by emotion, not facts. They took a giant step backwards when they gave in to those voices. That's why I will not support them...they need to be forward looking. If they refuse to be, they will not see another dime from me.
    So die on a cross. I guarantee know one will notice.
    The point is a shit ton of people claimed they would never hunt again, and whether they did or not nothing changed, except the further erosion of hunting.

We still made progress. A year ago I would have never believed we would even allow semi's in any capacity.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

Yep, well said. They will not get a penny from me, and I'll let them know. I also don't care that they probably will not lose sleep over me not buying a license, but if there's 10k more like me they just might.

What a goddamn joke. I just sent an email to them, text below:

"Hello PGC,

I wanted to say that your decision this morning to prohibit semi-automatic firearms for hunting big game was disgusting and shameful. 48 other states allow this and they have rates of accidents no worse than ours. The ban you chose to maintain this morning was for no other purpose than to appease biased, prejudiced, old-guard hunters and alienated an entire generation of upcoming, young hunters-to-be like me who can't hunt because they only own semi-automatic rifles. Your embarrassing decision today eroded the future of hunting in Pennsylvania -- a tradition that is already dying out.

What's worse is that this decision was based on an incredibly flawed methodology. You based your decision to maintain the ban on a survey of current hunters. You do realize that by polling a group of people about allowing an entire new population to hunt -- but NOT including that new population in the survey itself -- would obviously produce a result against allowing that new population their rights, correct? You polled manual-action rifle owners about allowing semi-automatic rifle owners to hunt. Obviously the survey would come back against, because you didn't include semi-automatic rifle owners that can't currently hunt in the survey.

Not only that, but people like me who can't get hunting licenses because our rifles are banned had our voices squelched and censored by you because you chose to ignore our emails based on rumors of conspiracy. We only had one way to make our voices known since you didn't include us in your survey, and you stole it from us. You ignored us.

You sold out an entire future generation of hunters that could bolster the Pennsylvania outdoors tradition for a bunch of prejudiced, biased, old-guard hunters based not on the reality that semi-automatic hunting is just as safe as any other type of hunting in 48 other states, but a flawed survey and the terrible idea to ignore your constituents. Shame on you. You are a joke of an organization and have created a huge detriment to our rights. You have also gravely endangered the future of Pennsylvania outdoors hunting and tradition.

Thank you for nothing."
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    FOAC email alert 3-28-2017 9:36am

Breaking News: PA Game Commission Commissioners REFUSE to Authorize Semi's for Big Game

The PA Game Commission Commissioners are meeting right now for their quarterly meeting and the Commissioners have stabbed gun owners and hunters in the back by REFUSING to authorize Semi-Auto firearms for hunting big game!

No matter how you slice this betrayal of trust, this is a huge victory for anti-gun groups which will spin this as a gun safety issue despite the record across the nation of success!

It is clear the Commissioners do not value rights the way you and I do!* I suggest everyone consider reaching out and communicating your displeasure with this gift to the foes of Freedom to the PA Game Commission by visiting this link and using whichever method you prefer: http://www.pgc.pa.gov/InformationRes...s/default.aspx
    More developments to come. . . . .
    Thank you for your continued support!
    You are receiving this email because you are either an FOAC member who has asked to be sent alerts or you are in our gun bash contacts list, our rally contacts list or you have subscribed to our mailing list on the website.
    If you are an FOAC member you may opt-out of future emails by logging into your member area on the website and updating your member preferences. If you are not an active FOAC member simply reply to this email with unsubscribe in the email body.

http://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-C...spx?newsid=115

03/28/2017
    HIGHLIGHTS FROM TODAY'S COMMISSIONERS MEETING
    SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES OK’D FOR SMALL GAME, FURBEARERS

Hunters heading afield in the 2017-18 seasons will be able to carry semiautomatic rifles for hunting small game and furbearers, but not for big game, based on regulatory changes approved today by the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners.

The commissioners in January preliminarily approved a proposal that would have allowed semiautomatic rifles to be used in any season where manually operated centerfire rifles now can be used.

The board today amended that measure, giving final approval to hunting small game and furbearers with semiautomatic rifles beginning in the 2017-18 seasons. It made no changes to the list of lawful sporting arms for hunting big game.

Commissioners said a clear majority of Pennsylvania hunters voiced opposition to hunting big game with semiautomatic rifles at this time, and the board’s vote reflects that opinion.

Between the Board of Commissioners’ preliminary vote and the vote today, Game Commission staff conducted a scientific survey from a random sample of 4,000 of the state’s hunters, more than 2,000 of whom responded. The findings of that survey were presented to the commissioners at the board’s meeting on Monday.

The findings of the survey show clear support for hunting furbearers (55 percent support or strongly support), woodchucks (51 percent support or strongly support) and small game (42 percent support or strongly support, and 12 percent neither support nor oppose) with semiautomatic rifles.

For big game, while 28 percent of survey respondents expressed support or strong support for semiautomatic rifles, 64 percent of respondents said they opposed or strongly opposed semiautomatic rifles for big-game hunting, with 52 percent saying they were strongly opposed.

The results bolstered the expressed opposition to hunting big game with semiautomatic rifles that appeared to a lesser extent in the written comments the Game Commission received in recent months.

“We listened to our hunters,” President Commissioner Brian H. Hoover said.

With the changes, semiautomatic rifles in .22 caliber or less that propel single-projectile ammunition and semiautomatic shotguns 10 gauge or smaller propelling ammunition not larger than No. 4 lead – also No. 2 steel or No. 4 composition or alloy – will be legal firearms for small-game seasons in the 2017-18 license year, which begins July 1.

Semiautomatic firearms that propel single-projectile ammunition also will be legal sporting arms for woodchucks and furbearers, and there is no caliber restriction for woodchucks or furbearers.

The measure also approves the use of air guns for hunting small game and furbearers.

Air-guns will be legal for small game in calibers from .177 to .22 that propel single-projectile pellets or bullets.

For woodchucks and furbearers, air-guns must be at least .22 caliber and propel a single-projectile pellet or bullet. BB ammunition is not authorized for small game, furbearers or woodchucks.

Pennsylvania historically prohibited the use of semiautomatic rifles for hunting, but a law that took effect in November enables the Game Commission to regulate semiautomatic rifles and air guns for hunting.

With today’s vote, Pennsylvania becomes the last state in the nation to approve semiautomatic rifles for hunting uses.

Following their vote, the commissioners said if growing support for hunting big game with semiautomatic rifles emerges at some point in the future, they will give consideration to further regulatory changes.

Fact-finding by Pennsylvania Game Commission staff revealed no higher incidence of hunting accidents in any state where semiautomatics are permitted, and many firearms experts have said they believe semiautomatics are safer in that they allow for continuous focus on the target and often require the shooter to absorb less recoil.

The survey on hunting with semiautomatic rifles also showed greater support among younger age groups for semiautomatic rifle hunting, including the use of semiautomatic rifles to hunt big game.

But no such provision will be adopted for the 2017-18 license year.
    PHEASANT PERMIT NEEDED IN 2017-18
    Adult and senior hunters in Pennsylvania who pursue pheasants will need to purchase a pheasant permit in addition to a general hunting license in the 2017-18 license year.

The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today gave final approval to creating a pheasant permit that would be required for all adult and senior hunters who pursue or harvest pheasants.

The permit would cost $25 for adults and seniors, including senior lifetime license holders. Junior hunters would not need a permit to hunt pheasants.
    While Pennsylvania once was home to a robust wild pheasant population, in recent decades, pheasant hunting has relied entirely upon the stocking of farm-raised birds.

The Game Commission annually has raised and released about 200,000 pheasants for release on state game lands and other properties where public hunting is permitted. While the program has been popular with hunters, it has been costing the agency about $4.7 million a year. And without a permit, there’s no funding mechanism in place to help sustain it.

Meanwhile, fees for general hunting and furtaker licenses haven’t been adjusted for inflation since 1998, leaving the Game Commission in recent years to make difficult financial decisions, including budget reductions to the pheasant program.

In December, the agency announced it would close two of its four pheasant farms – a move that is expected to reduce annual program costs by about $1.7 million. Additionally, Game Commission staff have projected a pheasant permit would generate about $1.5 million a year in new revenue.

By making the program more self-sufficient, creation of a pheasant permit helps to ensure the future of pheasant hunting in Pennsylvania, the commissioners said.

Now this is HOW FRACKED UP PGC is with mis-management of funds YET they want to set their own license fee and be accountable to NO ONE, just jack up license cost for ALL

PA raises and stocks more pheasants than Any Other state!

noted that it costs the commission somewhere on the order of $5 million to raise and stock 200,000 birds. That’s almost 37 percent of the agency’s entire wildlife management budget.

Yet fewer than 75,000 of the state’s roughly 750,000 license buyers hunt pheasants..

“That, my friends and fellow hunters, is out of whack the PGC is”
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast