Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: HB 366 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

What I am saying is that we have tons of resources and organizations that communicate with the millions of hunters and gun owners in general. Those magazines, radio shows, etc talk every day about pro-gun bills passed in other states, needing to be passed, etc plus any anti gun stuff needing to be stopped. Most recently a big example is the ATF attack on M855. Colorado, Missouri, Arizona, Kentucky, Georgia all had legislative news that got national coverage with the goal of influencing a positive outcome. Most states get pro gun bills passed, and the ones that don't at least get NRA resources to get publicity to stir our side to fight. Yet they say NOTHING about this in PA, or actually anything pro gun in PA. That's a rather glaring omission, don't you think? I want to know why--the silence is peculiar, and too across the board to be mere coincidence or accident.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; April 28th, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: HB 366 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

Yellowfin you are going to have to go directly to the source for answers to your question / comments about NRA can or won't do.

The NRA-ILA state liaison for PA and six other states is:

John Hohenwarter
    JHohenwarter@nrahq.org

John Hohenwarter is the NRA-ILA guy you have to speak with, as stated before he will be in HBG on May 12, 2015 on the outside capital step during the rally and probably around afterwards.

John Hohenwarter is the ONLY one that can answer your question about what the NRA does or doesn’t do in PA.

IF you want some 1 on 1 FTF time on May 12 in HBG with him, seek me out and maybe I can help make something happen for you to ask your question directly to John Hohenwarter.

BTW....... The NRA-ILA state liaison John Hohenwarter did send a letter to all the representatives on the House Game and Fish committee in March 2015 in support of HB 366....

The reverse of this first seal shows a woman who represents liberty.
    Her left hand holds a wand topped by a liberty cap, a French symbol of liberty.
    In her right hand is a drawn sword. She is trampling upon Tyranny, represented by a lion.
    The entire design is encircled by the legend "Both Can't Survive."

Disclaimer: I am not authorized for, nor do I speak for or on the behalf of the NRA- ILA in any capcity, that is what John Hohenwarter is PAID by the NRA to do, NOT ME

I am just unpaid volunteer constitutional activist, that is very passionate about protecting freedom for the next generation to have and enjoy their American birth rights as Free citizens of the Republic.

The price of that Freedom was Paid for by the past generation of the First American’s that left bloody footsteps in the snow at places like valley forge that actual fought for those rights, that today most don't seem to care about or value that high cost paid for those rights.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Perry County)

Might be better for this to not be a talking point for the NRA. Fudds might come out in strong support AGAINST this.

(Lancaster County)

The NRA today is not mostly Fudds, and in fact is and should be the very means to reverse Fuddism.

Thanks for the info, I sent an email. I'll be VERY interested to see what kind of response I get. I should think that an honest inquiry based on intelligent observation deserves an honest, open, non-form letter response. As for May 12th, being neither a retiree, self employed, or a paid activist, I have to work during the day. Unlike the anti gun people (and a lot of the Fudd population) I have to work for a living.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; April 29th, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Curious that within two hours of sending that email I get a mass email from the ILA about Sunday hunting, but NOT HB366.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Curious that within two hours of sending that email I get a mass email from the ILA about Sunday hunting, but NOT HB366.
    Sunday hunting seems to be getting the attention. My State Rep. has a poll on her web page asking about Sunday Hunting, Liquor sales and taxes, but nothing about HB 366.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lancaster County)

I have no problem with them giving Sunday hunting attention provided they actually do it all the way and get it done this time. I'm sick of hearing them try it, lose, and make excuses, then not get semi auto legalized because they've gotta do Sunday hunting first. Then they'd make excuses that they couldn't do Sundays because of the Audobons or the Farm Bureau or the churches or the Fudds or the Philly rinos or the Rooneys or the neighbor down the street's dog got loose or the lunar eclipse didn't cover Jupiter's 3rd moon or the 13th chicken in the farmer's chicken coop they passed didn't have exactly the right number of blue bumps on its left leg...
    Last edited by Yellowfin; April 29th, 2015 at 10:02 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks to the efforts of those that went to HBG on May 12, 2015 for the 10th Annual 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event we picked up a few more (7) co-sponsors

View number of and list of co-sponsor to HB 366 here
    https://foac-pac.org/Proposed-Pennsy.../State-Law/675

BTW speaking with quite a few Reps that support the change, things are brewing behind the scenes and possibly we will have some forward motion on HB 366 over the summer/ FALL.

That is IF we do our part to keep the pressure up, being the squeaky wheel that will get the grease is having an effect.

HBG May 11-12, 2015 Field report with some of Game and Fish committee members in FTF discussion on HB 366

(All listed in OP still need to hear from you that is IF you want this to move toward repealing the total ban).

If you live in Westmoreland or Fayette County you Really need to contact Rep Ryan Warner as he is being heavily leaned on by the old “traditionalist” hunters to not support HB 366 over fear with the possible use on bear and deer.

Which is NOT in the proposed legislation, HB 366 only removal the prohibition to let the PGC decide what firearm can be used for what, when and where same as they do with everything else used to harvest game

Rep Warner says almost none of the very out spoken old hunter back in his district don’t got a problem with the legalization of semi-auto rifles for everything else its just fear with being legal for bear or deer or then its violating the sacred tradition. (what ever that means)

A few very outspoken & vocal old “traditionalist” hunters are claiming no one supports HB 366, which is simply not true.

Rep Bill Kortz - Allegheny county is on the fence because of the same type of very vocal old “traditionalist” hunters. So He also Needs to hear from you in you live in his district!

Rep Dan Moul – Adams county spoke to very briefly had similar comments.

Rep Tim Mahoney - Fayette & Somerset will consider co sponsorship.

In general all of those above said they would more than likely vote for passage in committee, they just won't co-sponsor without enough support.

BTW after speaking FTF in HBG with some Reps, we picked up a few more Game & Fish committee members see OP and KEEP the Pressure on the Game & Fish by contacting them
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lackawanna County)

Default I believe they can provide the answers you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I have no problem with them giving Sunday hunting attention provided they actually do it all the way and get it done this time. I'm sick of hearing them try it, lose, and make excuses, then not get semi auto legalized because they've gotta do Sunday hunting first. Then they'd make excuses that they couldn't do Sundays because of the Audobons or the Farm Bureau or the churches or the Fudds or the Philly rinos or the Rooneys or the neighbor down the street's dog got loose or the lunar eclipse didn't cover Jupiter's 3rd moon or the 13th chicken in the farmer's chicken coop they passed didn't have exactly the right number of blue bumps on its left leg...
    I believe they can provide the answers you seek.

QBC brought this up with every Sen and Rep he spoke to on Tuesday. Personally, I see no problem with either. Has anyone ever asked, the what/why, the "can't hunt on Sunday" laws are based? I'm betting, the same mentality of the blue laws.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: I believe they can provide the answers you seek.

I had to work Tuesday hence why I wasn't at the Harrisburg event, but I did email Mike about it as mentioned and didn't get a response. Strangely my local House rep isn't involved w/ Game and Fish matters at all.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast