Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I just read that the PGC only got about 750 emails that supported hunting with semi autos and about 150 against. They also said that they are disregarding all the emails since the NRA got involved and they aren't sure if the support is from actual hunters. The PGC sent out 4k surveys to random hunters to see what they think. Only about 30% of people responded. They didn't give the results yet. I read the article in PA Outdoor News. This magazine is one of my favorites, but they are definitely on the anti semi auto side. The only reader comments this issue were from guys who were old as fuck and against it. One of the authors wrote his anti opinion in one of the previous articles. I thought they would be objective about the issue. I called up and canceled my subscription. Fuck them.
    I used to get that rag. I cancelled for the same reason. It should be called Fudd Monthly.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Clarion County)

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    They also said that they are disregarding all the emails since the NRA got involved and they aren't sure if the support is from actual hunters.
    Emailed PGC this week and even received a nice response:
    "Thank you for your comments on the use of semiautomatic firearms for hunting, which have been tallied and will be shared with the Commissioners."
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    I take issue with this. I live in the city. And on several occasions, I've almost hit deer that were crossing streets or were sitting in my alley way behind my house staring at me while I was flipping my car around to park.

Although one time I did see a deer using the sidewalk. I was very impressed. Hopefully that one lived long enough to breed.
    I was simply speaking in general, I live just north of Philly, went to Temple for 4 years and I know plenty of people that hunt and travel outside of the city. I meant that to the legislators of the city they have zero regard for hunting matters because it effects a negligible portion of their base it isn't worth considering.

Hey, PAFOA members...

...your due date for submitting comments is today as the meetings start tomorrow.

If this fails at the goal line, you will have no one to blame but yourselves. GET WRITING.
    Slaves don't own arms; free men do.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Hey, PAFOA members...

...your due date for submitting comments is today as the meetings start tomorrow.

If this fails at the goal line, you will have no one to blame but yourselves. GET WRITING.
    I've emailed 4x so far
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Perry County)

PGC also has a Facebook page you can hit up with comments.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Default Drama with semi-auto by anti-gun & anti-hunting groups

Thank You to all that did your part to contact the PGC

Lets hope they listened!
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: Drama with semi-auto by anti-gun & anti-hunting groups

Did the FUDDS just kill SA for large game?
    Hold the Line...

(Lackawanna County)

? Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    ? Where did you see that?
    77% of the 53% opposed to SA hunting of large game were 55 and older hunters if I remember the slide correctly. I really hope to God Im wrong. I have a 300AAC build in mind, and it would dry up our SA sales for people getting ready to hunt with them.
    Hold the Line...

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast