Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Drama with semi-auto by anti-gun & anti-hunting groups

Apparently its not over and the drama has begun got these two emails from Kim Stolfer

Guys,
    Could you all please file an e-mail comment to this e-mail address -*pgccomments@pa.gov*– in support of semi-automatic firearms for hunting all game in PA?* I would also very much appreciate it if you could get some others to do this also.
    It appears that anti-hunting and anti-gun groups are pushing the game commission*through the public comments*to NOT make final their recommendations on allowing semi-autos for hunting all game.* Last week, the Pennsylvania Game Commission unanimously passed the proposed rulemaking for the semi-auto rifle hunting law at the quarterly meeting. *The Commission is still receiving comments before the final approval of the regulations will be made at the March 27-28 meeting. *
    I hope you can help!!* I’ve attached just one of the anti’s comments.
    Kim Stolfer
    FOAC, President
    www.foac-pac.org

Even though we’ve heard that the PGC preliminarily passed the semi autos for hunting, big game, small game and fur bearers, and it looked like the final vote would be a slam dunk, the landscape is changing due to the anti-gun folks activism. Calls are come into the PGC 10 to 1 against us.

* If the tentative policy established a week ago is reversed this ‘will’ be nationwide news for the anti-gun groups and CeaseFire PA will be flooded with money and praise for their work.

We need you to send a short e-mail to the PGC insisting they make final the approval of semi’s for hunting and to get others to do it too.

Please read Kim Stolfer’s email again consider what will be lost and get on the phone or email the PGC if you want to help ensure the 2nd vote goes the same way as the first.

Lets finish this battle

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Drama with semi-auto by anti-gun & anti-hunting groups

Sent the following:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I would like to thank you for implementing the option to use a semi-auto rifle for hunting in PA as hunters already do in 49 other states. Pennsylvania has a huge hunting heritage and this option will only increase the opportunities. I am looking forward to final approval next month.

Thanks for your consideration.

I just took the time to send an email to the commissioners relating my personal experience.

Dear Commissioners

I am writing this note in regards to the proposed use of Semi-automatic firearms for hunting all game in the great state of Pennsylvania. I am 4 years new to North East Pennsylvania, and have always been a avid firearm enthusiast. After moving here my intention was to start a new family tradition of hunting and harvesting our food though neither my wife or I come from any type hunting back ground both being raised by anti hunters. This endeavor has been slow going for us. One of the factors is the sheer cost of outfitting the four members of my family new firearms that I previously did not want to own. This requires several each depending on the game hunted and the season, if this regulation had been already in effect cost would not continue to be an issue for myself as well as many others that I have spoken with regarding this subject.

As we all know the tradition of hunting and self reliance is on the decline in Pennsylvania as well as across the country. Attacks from animal rights, and anti firearm groups have also done their fair share of damage demonizing the sport as well as the way of life for ten's of thousands of Americans. Making it cost beneficial and easier for new hunters to get into the field is what we as a community of hunters need to be doing in order to move forward. The facts regarding the safety of hunting with Semi-Automatic firearms prove the bias feeling based opinions of the aniti's to be far from true. As I am sure you know Pennsylvania would be one of the last states to allow the use of Semi-automatic hunting while the rest of the country moves forward we stand still.

Please do not allow the false outrage and shock of those who clearly do not hunt or own a firearm to deny those who responsibly do to be denied this long coming change to our hunting regulations. Ultimately what is most important is to be able to further the tradition of hunting for future generations and in order to do that it's time to move forward with the time in some areas.

Thank You
    Hodgie
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 10th, 2017 at 01:15 PM.

(Lebanon County)

I kept it short and simple:

Subject: Support Semi-Auto Hunting

MSG: The people who are opposing it are NOT hunters, and want to destroy the sport. I would encourage you to up the limit to 10 rounds since it is difficult to find 5 round magazines.

I figure they're not reading the details so a quick short message would be most effective

(Bucks County)

They should accept block limiters. Mags are easily reconfigured with stops installed below the follower while not readily reconfigured in the field (which is the usual view by other states). I read of a state (forget which) that allows sidewalls drilled and a pin inserted as a follower stop.

In the 60s I hunted with a .303 British (SMLE) with a ten-round stock military magazine. I found a second magazine and cut it down to hold five and hunted with that. Less weight, less mag extending below the stock, extra rounds in my pockets.

If they aren't going to limit manually-operated capacities, limiting semi-auto is saying they do not trust the hunters they are licensing. If that's the case, they are admitting culpability by licensing hunters they believe are untrustworthy. Interesting paradox, what? I'm concerned that the only answer to that is limiting all rifles. N.B.- I believe a hunter has a responsibility to assure that the shot taken will humanely kill the quarry. Ergo, limiting to five rounds is no problem to me.

If shooting at (a deer, for example) and missing or failing to deliver a hit that drops the animal...there comes a point where additional attempts are recognized as futile. That point is going to be the same for any type of action. I just think limiting one type of rifle differently from another is based on nothing tangible and is discriminatory with no basis.
    Last edited by Bang; February 10th, 2017 at 02:07 PM.

Yeah non hunters are opposing hunting with semi autos in PA but don't fool yourself a LOT of PA hunters are opposing it too. I know several people that don't support it and almost all of them are grey or white haired fudd hunters.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Yeah non hunters are opposing hunting with semi autos in PA but don't fool yourself a LOT of PA hunters are opposing it too. I know several people that don't support it and almost all of them are grey or white haired fudd hunters.
    I don't care if they don't support it, as long as they don't actively oppose it! There is a difference.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I am grey haired (well, from the ears down) and the only rifles I have EVER had in the field ANYWHERE were AR platforms. If I ever hunt that will be my best and only choice, as I am - with all due modesty - quite good with it. Why would anyone THAT ACTUALLY HUNTS want to take away my best chance for a one-shot kill?

(Montgomery County)

Email sent to PGC.

(Lycoming County)

I live in a pretty rural part of the state and I can tell you that there is much more opposition to semiauto for deer than support unfortunately. I'd say easily 3-1 against from those I've spoken to. Trying to explain it rationally usually doesn't do to much good either, believe me I've tried. I've heard several people say if they allow it for deer, bear, they aren't going to purchase a license this year and it wouldn't surprise me if they're being vocal about it to the pgc from the vitriol I've heard. I'll email and maybe call myself, but if this is going to happen we need more numbers I'm afraid.

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast