Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: HB 366 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

Can we reintroduce this? Are there key Senators or Representatives who need to be contacted?
    I won't be giving up.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: HB 366 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

It doesn't need to be reintroduced. It's there awaiting action. Being held up by jack ***es that have attached a Sunday hunting amendment.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    It doesn't need to be reintroduced. It's there awaiting action. Being held up by jack ***es that have attached a Sunday hunting amendment.
    Who did that, and why even with that is it still being held up?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

Any member can file a related amendment to a title related language in any proposed bill.
    Besides Sunday hunting, Additional there is a filed amendment to greatly expand the safety zone for hunting is totally unreasonable distances, expect more amendments to be filed.

As far moving any legislation, in that is in the hands of majority leadership and to a certain extent minority leadership as well in both houses
    Filing frivolous amendments is a stalling tactic

Go to the OP and there is a whole bunch of reps listed, you can ask all of them to run the SB 737 as a clean bill.
    Keep bugging them…… the squeaky wheel get the attention!

Ask what is the holdup in running SB 737? Really?

As this is already legal in 49 states for allowing the state wildlife agency to decide on there use.

This is all SB 737 does, just removes the state legislation prohibition against semi-auto rifles and lets the PA Game Commission to decide on application and make the regulations for using a semi-auto rifle to hunt in PA.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Berks County)

Do you have evidence of this? According the to PA House website, HB366 is sitting in Game & Fisheries un-amended:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=B&bn=366

And FWIW, I agree that these two issues (semi-auto and Sunday hunting) should be considered separately. If there's one thing we need to learn from our opposition, it's that we shouldn't overreach, or we'll get nothing.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Do you have evidence of this? According the to PA House website, HB366 is sitting in Game & Fisheries un-amended:

And FWIW, I agree that these two issues (semi-auto and Sunday hunting) should be considered separately. If there's one thing we need to learn from our opposition, it's that we shouldn't overreach, or we'll get nothing.
    I absolutely agree. They whittle away at our rights a little at a time, and that worked for 100+ years for them. Any time we try to go balls to the wall here in PA with a pro-gun/hunting law we get shot down.

If you want to win people over, you need to acclimate them to minor changes over longer courses of time.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

Default Re: SB 737 – Authorizing the Use of Semi-Automatic Firearms for Hunting in PA

Quote Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
    Thanks again for update WhiteFeather.
    Here is the email I sent to my rep (Duane Milne)
    I sent a similar email to my representative, and he replied that many of his constituents had contacted him, and that he had decided to co-sponsor the bill. Rep. Sonney. NW Pa.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post

HB366 is not being considered because the senate passed sb737 and it is through committee in the house. They are virtually the same. Yes I have evidence, my own eyes and ears. Even the sponsor of the senate bill has said that he would kill his own bill if it passes the house with the Sunday hunting language when it comes back to the senate for a concurrence vote.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

This has been going on for years. I just want to reiterate that I think it would be good for both RKBA and the sport of hunting in Pennsylvania. But I am not a hunter and I am staying out of it.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Berks County)

HB366 is not being considered because the senate passed sb737 and it is through committee in the house. They are virtually the same. Yes I have evidence, my own eyes and ears. Even the sponsor of the senate bill has said that he would kill his own bill if it passes the house with the Sunday hunting language when it comes back to the senate for a concurrence vote.
    My apologies; I missed the obvious, namely the thread title which referenced SB737. Recent posts were discussing HB366, and in my overisght I didn't realize there were concurrent bills being run.

Again, I agree that this bill shouldn't be amended to reach too far, especially when landowners have repeatedly pushed back pretty hard on Sunday hunting, and not as much on semiauto hunting. The bill definitely needs to maintain its focus, or it'll get nowhere.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast