Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ruger LCP Custom

Ruger Introduces the LCP Custom

January 19, 2015

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is proud to introduce the new Ruger® LCP® Custom, setting a new standard for ultra-compact pistols. The LCP Custom combines a host of factory installed upgrades to the venerable LCP, including a dovetailed rear sight with a photoluminescent front dot sight for easy target acquisition, a polished stainless steel guide rod, and a wide skeletonized aluminum trigger for reduced felt trigger pull. These factory-fit upgrades provide a new level of performance to the widely popular LCP, ensuring its position as the concealed carry pistol by which all others are judged.

"There is no denying the success of the LCP," remarked Mike Fifer, CEO of Ruger. "As a rugged and reliable Ruger, its introduction brought the class of ultra-compact pistols to the mainstream shooting market. Now, with its easier-to-see sights, wider trigger, and stainless steel guide rod, the LCP Custom will continue to serve law-abiding citizens as the best in its class" he concluded.

The new LCP Custom shares the same construction and ultra-compact dimensions of the original LCP. At only 0.8 inches wide and weighing less than 10 ounces unloaded, the LCP carries comfortably and easily, yet holds 6+1 rounds of modern effective .380 Auto ammunition. LCPs feature a lightweight and durable glass-filled nylon frame, are available with a through-hardened alloy steel or brushed stainless slide, and ship with one six-round magazine.

For more information on the Ruger LCP Custom, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for the LCP Custom or other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com.
    http://www.ruger.com/news/2015-01-19.html

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

Model # 3740

About $325, internet prices.

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apac...h/3740%20Ruger
    Last edited by QuackXP; February 6th, 2015 at 01:55 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP Custom

I have a Gen1 and contemplated getting a Gen2 but never got around to it. Once holster manufactures specifically Desantis gets around to confirming fit or creating a new pocket holster this may go near the top of my firearms list.
    Last edited by QuackXP; February 6th, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I applaud Ruger for addressing the guns weak points. They are reliable and light weight. I moved on for 3 reasons. 2 of which they fixed with this gun. Sights, trigger, caliber.

Moving on, I think better options exist. But they are more expensive. If this stays in the $300ish range it should be a good option for a lot of people.

(Montgomery County)

They should offer retrofit packages...

(Allegheny County)

Zombie thread has brains. And for a good reason.

Since it's been over a year since this firearm was announced does anyone here have first hand experience with it? How are the sights? Can they be swapped for night sights?

Does the CT laser fit on it? But I may get rid of the laser all together. I'm not as keen on them as I used to be and this LCP looks to have real usable sights.

How well does it fit in holster designed for the original LCP if at all with the raised sights.

I may answer some of my own questions soon, but I figure some discussion could not hurt.

It's also now available for $220 shipped:

https://www.slickguns.com/product/ne...re-order-33299
    http://kygunco.com/Product/View?Item...5#.V0XkxvkrKUl

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    They should offer retrofit packages...
    You can get the trigger from Galloway Precision for about $45. The stainless steel guide rod for about $18 from Amazon. Not sure where to get the sights but I handles the regular, bought the custom model and the sights are a nice upgrade.

I also put a 13-lb recoil spring in mine for about $13 and it makes it a nice shooter.

I paid $239 for mu custom through CDNN.

Great little gun, I carry it a lot.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Does the CT laser fit on it? But I may get rid of the laser all together. I'm not as keen on them as I used to be and this LCP looks to have real usable sights.

How well does it fit in holster designed for the original LCP if at all with the raised sights.

I may answer some of my own questions soon, but I figure some discussion could not hurt.
    The regular LCP has useless sights. Here's a picture of someone else's hand holdring the Custom, with great, visible sights.

Yes, the CT will fit just as it does on the normal LCP; frame is identical and most of the "Custom" is in the inside except for the sights.

Holsters should all work. I read a review or two saying the sights caught on a holster but most holsters have no issues. Just check reviews. I have two holsters (one IWB and one pocket) and neither have any issues with the LCP Custom's sights.

If you find a good deal, act FAST. A few months ago, I had trouble getting one as they were selling out immediately. Had one in my cart and by the time I went to make the payment, they were sold out. Another site, I waited until the evening and they were gone. None locally except Gander Mountain who was charging $549!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    I applaud Ruger for addressing the guns weak points. They are reliable and light weight. I moved on for 3 reasons. 2 of which they fixed with this gun. Sights, trigger, caliber.

Moving on, I think better options exist. But they are more expensive. If this stays in the $300ish range it should be a good option for a lot of people.

Find a 9mm this small. You won't.

I'd rather have a 9 all the time but this gun is perfect for when you really need to hide it. I usually keep it in my pocket at home too, more comfortable than wearing something bigger IWB and trying to lounge on the couch with the wife or play with kids. Good roller coaster-riding gun too...tests were successful.

It's not my favorite gun I own, or the one I shoot best, but it's probably my best "every day" and most practical gun. It's one you can always have with you.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

The front does not look dovetailed. But is it part of the frame or does it look like it can be replaced. The I'm assuming they don't come from the factory with night sights at just over $200.

(Lancaster County)

I've got one and got the Hogue LCP-specific grip for it (See here: https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/ruger/lcp ) and it's a great little gun. It's nothing special or refined so I'm not afraid to toss it in my pocket and let it get scratched and dirty. But it's reliable, accurate, and concealable, so I trust it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast