Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Wounded Warrior Project

Has a consensus been reached as to whether or not The Wounded Warrior Project is pro or anti Second Amendment?

I'm thinking about helping fund a project but some of the revenue from the project will go to WWP.

I tried Google and it appears there are a lot of vets and citizens who find the organization's executives use "political speak" when anyone tries to get a definitive answer on their 2A position.

Are they anti or pro?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Wounded Warrior Project

I support Patriot Guard. Warriors Watch has always tried to 'ride the fence'. My opinion, you don't ride fences, you speak the truth, good or bad , and let the results happen. I'd rather not support a group that says one thing to one supporter and another to the next one.

Patriot Guard has never addressed it one way or the other. except, to let members know where we cannot carry: military bases, Arlington, so on. In my book, that isn't taking a side, it's keeping members within the parameters of the law.

(Montgomery County)

I have no problem with Wounded Warrior. I watched several episodes of a show on Sportsmanship channel that had a Wounded Wariors project where they took this vet, who had some serious physical issues, on serious of "bucket list" hunts.

With the number of vets returning with medical and emotional wounds, I think there is enough room for different organizations with different methods of helping.

(Mercer County)

In 2012, WWP spent roughly 61 percent of its budget on services for veterans. The CEO collected a salary of almost $312,000.

No thanks.

http://ivn.us/2014/04/22/controversy...e-connections/
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Westmoreland County)

Mrrrmmmmmm.......

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    In 2012, WWP spent roughly 61 percent of its budget on services for veterans. The CEO collected a salary of almost $312,000.

No thanks.

Good info to have.

(Wayne County)

Hey Bobfrombucks, do a search of where all the money went that WWP took in. Then look at FISHER HOUSE.

(Jefferson County)

I am veteran of Vietnam and Desert Storm. Am also a survivor of Agent Orange related cancer. I second the support for Fisher House.

Go to "Charity Navigator" website & check out how much various charities use for their "goals" and how much goes for "Admin Expenses".

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post

No thanks.

They have amazing marketing.

Thanks about all. You're better off supporting the American Red Cross. The USO. The VFW if you want to help "us" veterans. IF you want to help veterans hunt, the e National Wild Turkey Federation has several programs. Another good choice would be the www.paveteransfoundation.org/
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Hokkmike Guest

Some of the charities "helping veterans" have enormous administrative costs taken out of donations.

The main goal of some of these organizations is to keep their organizers in business.

Best to examine the budget history of each group as you give.

As far as the Second Amendment goes, while I would hope they would support it I can see no reason why they need to take any position at all. They should stay out of politics and concentrate on good work.

I am NOT saying that you should not support Wounded Warriors, I'm just saying check their bottom line before you do and make sure it is an efficacious use of your money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast