Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Post your pistol round count.

Just looking to see what kind of numbers you guys have through your handguns. Feel free to include # of failures and/or reason for failure(ie reloads, cheap ammo, limp wristing, etc)

Glock 17 gen 4(recently bought)-650/zero failures
    Browning buckmark- 5k'ish/10 FTE using cheap bulk
    Shield 9mm- 1.1k/zero failures
    Glock 20- 400/zero failures

I need to shoot more often
    Last edited by Squatchy; February 4th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Post your pistol round count.

FNS-9L. 700 rounds/ 0 failures
    Springfield XD45. 500 rounds/ 1 FTF On a hand load
    Glock 23 (before I got rid of it) 500 rounds/ 4 FTF, ~5 fte
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

Had a PT 92 that was at 9000 when I sold it (bought in '05). Got a PT 24/7 Pro 9mm with about 7500 rds (bought in '06). Got a PT 1911 with 5800 rds (bought in '07). None of my other pistols have any rounds to speak of other than one of my G41's just hit 550 rds and a couple hundred through some G17's and 34's. Got about 300 through a pair of G36's. I've been lucky. I've never had a gun break down on me or fail, yet. I'm getting close to 18,000 logged rounds of WWB (since 2005) and have never had a single misfire with it.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Philadelphia County)

Cz75bd - 5k or so, the only males I can remember were in 2 degree weather and I'm not sure what happened. I live that pistol.

G19 - 4kish, maybe one tap rack or two, can't recall. Solid pistol and I don't even like glocks

Ruger 22/45 - who knows, I bought it used and clearly well cared for a year or two ago and have never even taken it apart, no issues
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Berks County)

Fascinating, you guys keep count. I find it hard to keep count on a mag full let alone the life of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Had a PT 92 that was at 9000 when I sold it (bought in '05). Got a PT 24/7 Pro 9mm with about 7500 rds (bought in '06). Got a PT 1911 with 5800 rds (bought in '07). None of my other pistols have any rounds to speak of other than one of my G41's just hit 550 rds and a couple hundred through some G17's and 34's. Got about 300 through a pair of G36's. I've been lucky. I've never had a gun break down on me or fail, yet. I'm getting close to 18,000 logged rounds of WWB (since 2005) and have never had a single misfire with it.

The 2nd pistol I bought was a 1st Generation 24/7 Pro I think I put about 1200 rounds through that sucker in 2 or 3 weeks time. Both my buddy and I had a membership to a indoor range and were off of work for 3 weeks due the weather. Ammunition was cheap and the range time was paid for. By the time I traded it back to the dealer it was less then a year old and had around 3k rounds through it with never a single malfunction.

Kimber TLE RL II:Has about 1800 rounds through it give or take a few it has never had a single malfunction even with cheap WWII GI or Kimber OEM mags.

IWI DE9:(original pre Jericho plastic ones) Ive taken at least 3 classes with it and have been shooting the crap out of is since I purchased it in 08. This is my high round count gun coming in conservatively at 4500-5000 rounds. The only failures have been with FTF using steel cased ammunition even on the 2nd strike just doesn't like those hard sealed primers.

Taurus TCP 738: Got for fathers day this past year and it has around 350 rounds through it. Suffered from light primer strikes with steel cased ammunition and the slide locking back with rounds in the mag. Sent it off for repair got it back less then 14 days later and no issues since. Total number of trouble was 13, the trouble ammo was Silver bear and WWB.

G19: 350-400 trouble free just traded it for a Gen 4 g17 haven't taken it out yet.

9MM Shield: 2800 failure free rounds forme with all sorts of ammunition which at least 500 being 124gr +p Gold Dots. One of my favorite current production pistols as of right now. My wife liberated it from me for her EDC and she has put another 150 failure free rounds through it for a grand total of 2950 with out a single Kaboom.

G26:As of 12:30 this afternoon there are exactly 60 rounds through her. Just got it a few weeks back and was able to get a bit more then a box through it today before I had to be off to work. No failures what so ever and it ran pretty smoothly.

S&W M&P 22: The Original version this pistol made by Wlther, it has a ton of rounds through it at least 2 boxes of the 550 Golden bullet crap and ton of S&B military surplus practice rounds and a few boxes of Mini mags & Agular match to see what it could do in the accuracy dpt. If I had to make an accurate guess it's around the 4000 mark. Believe it or not I have only had a few misfires, or fte's with this pistol Most(about 20-25) came from the S&B surplus ammo and less then a dozen with the Golden Bullets, 0 from the CCI or Agular match stuff.

CZ-82's I have a few of these so between the two there is about a case of 9x18. TOK's several hundred rounds each, not a real big fan of shooting them. I have a lot of surplus stuff some I shoot more then others but they all get shot at least once or twice a year.

I really plan to shoot the hell out of the G17 this year digging into my heavy stock of 9mm ammunition. If for some reason I am not feeling it I may give a look at one of the new TP9 SA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Fascinating, you guys keep count. I find it hard to keep count on a mag full let alone the life of a gun.
    The last 2 years my time is so limited that if I get a chance too shoot it's always a min of 200 rounds. The DE9 I ran 2 classes at 500 rounds per class and each range session is 200 rounds kinds makes is easy to come up with the round count.

(Allegheny County)

I have no freaking idea.

I'm surprised a round counter has never been introduced for firearms.
    I actually made one for my paintgun way back in the day. I saw a DIY plan for how to make one using a digital pedometer and a pressure switch. The switch was mounted in a way that it was pressed when the trigger moved rearward resulting in a round count on the display each time the trigger was pulled.
    It actually worked pretty well for how low-tech it was.

(I should add that to the Radio Shack thread as I got all the parts for that there too)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The 2nd pistol I bought was a 1st Generation 24/7 Pro
    I bought a bunch of those Taurus polymers (OSSDS 9mm's, a couple 809's, and 6 Gen 2 24/7 9mms) to use for teaching church kids how to shoot, but that fell apart and I never got any rounds through most of those guns, but every one of them worked like they were supposed to. Because I got them so cheap at a shop near my home, I hardly lost any money on them, and a couple, I made a few bucks. It balanced out. Those pistols were why I was on a Taurus rant for so long (at least with those models...I know some of the Taurus pistols were more trouble than they were worth). None of it matters, now. I've turned into a Glock head. I just couldn't fight it any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I have no freaking idea.

I'm surprised a round counter has never been introduced for firearms.
    I use the seaman's method.....http://emagineweddingsandevents.com/...AND-PENCIL.png

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast