Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Talking GOT MY CERTIFICATION!!!

Hi all just wanted to share my joy! I just received my PA State EMT-B Certification!!!!! This is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Just wanted to share with all my fellow PAFOA members...remember I know how to save a life....LOL!

(Berks County)

Default Re: GOT MY CERTIFICATION!!!

Congrats...but just remember, just because you passed the test does not mean you should stop learning, I have seen to many people finish class, get the card, then think they knew all. Always ask questions, either from other EMT's or Medics, and don't be afraid to say "I'm not sure, can you show me", that statement will get you further than trying to do and messing up. What plans do you have? EMS, Fire, or both...

"Who has two thumbs and kicks ass...This guy right here"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by neonghost79 View Post
    Hi all just wanted to share my joy! I just received my PA State EMT-B Certification!!!!! This is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Just wanted to share with all my fellow PAFOA members...remember I know how to save a life....LOL!
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you all the luck in your emt, are you giong to go for your EMT-P after you run for a while. Please be caeful, and remember your universal perconsions. I have been running since 99 as a EMT-B but now have no intrest in getting my EMT-P. I have found it gets old fast....... I hope this does not happen to you. Best of luck to you Joe

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: GOT MY CERTIFICATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medicjz View Post
    Congrats...but just remember, just because you passed the test does not mean you should stop learning, I have seen to many people finish class, get the card, then think they knew all. Always ask questions, either from other EMT's or Medics, and don't be afraid to say "I'm not sure, can you show me", that statement will get you further than trying to do and messing up. What plans do you have? EMS, Fire, or both...
    Thank you!! I do realize that this is just the first step into EMS, I have a wonderful support system consisting of my instructors and my peers. I will be running with Ross Westview EMSA, they are wonderful in helping new EMT's in there efforts to continue the education process that is required for this field. My plans are to continue my education and to obtain my EMT-P certification...I do know that a GOOD Basic is better than a BAD Paramedic. You never quit learning and if you do your just fooling yourself and putting peoples lives in jeopardy. Thank you for your support !!!!

(Jefferson County)

Thumbs up Re: GOT MY CERTIFICATION!!!

congrats to you ,

(Chester County)

Congrats!

)10(

(Lycoming County)

Congrats! I'd like to make the time to get EMT, but the just fitting in the fire classes is hard enough. I like the nozzle
    Last edited by clarion44; July 11th, 2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: add
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Luzerne County)

Congrats.........
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

Congratulations on you EMT-B and as others have said, never quit learning. I know alot of people at RWV and asssist with their EMT classses. You will learn much from all the people there if you are willing to learn.

Where did you take your class at?

Congratulations again, and be safe out there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    Congratulations on you EMT-B and as others have said, never quit learning. I know alot of people at RWV and asssist with their EMT classses. You will learn much from all the people there if you are willing to learn.

Where did you take your class at?

Congratulations again, and be safe out there.
    Hi Yes RossWestview is a wonderful place!!! My classes were held at UPMC St. Margarets under the instruction of the one and only Linda Reiger. She is a very respected name in the EMS community and her students, including myself are very greatful to her for passing along some of her expertiese! Sorry my spelling is way off this morning...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast