Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Butler County)

Default Re: issue with tula 223 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Yeah that is not much of a strike. Are you using the std spring and fire control group from a milspec parts kit?
    psa rifle kit. All milspec. Gunsmith checked it all and said other than too much lube gunked up around firing pin that it all was working fine and in spec. Headspace, firing pin etc. The brass ammo ran fine. The tula primers were too deep and likely harder primers. I'm going to stick with decent brass ammo from now on

(York County)

Default Re: issue with tula 223 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by mpyingling22 View Post
    psa rifle kit. All milspec. Gunsmith checked it all and said other than too much lube gunked up around firing pin that it all was working fine and in spec. Headspace, firing pin etc. The brass ammo ran fine. The tula primers were too deep and likely harder primers. I'm going to stick with decent brass ammo from now on
    I've run about 700 rounds of Tula through my PSA with no issues. What brand/make firing pin are you using? I know Tula has hard primers, that might be the issue. If you have access to another pin or BCG, I'd try that. A firing pin isn't that expensive and neither is the Tula.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12