Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Campus shooting and Iron City Armory, news wants waiting period back

So we have all heard about the person who bought the Glock 19 at Iron City Armory and then a few days later killed his GF and himself. Well this AM on the news they are of course blowing it out of proportion, saying PA needs a waiting period for purchase of a firearm.

They are talking to the steeple and saying alot of people think the waiting period is a good idea due to letting people cool off before actually getting the firearm due to crimes of passion... really!!!

Gear up because the dems are gonna chew this up and try and use it for yet another reason to trickle our rights away piece by piece.

It would make.no difference in my opinion if there is a waiting period. Wake up America!
    Thank you SSgt.Tim Chambers......

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Campus shooting and Iron City Armory, news wants waiting period back

So he bought it and then waited a few days to kill his girlfriend? Sounds like he imposed his own waiting period.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Campus shooting and Iron City Armory, news wants waiting period back

(Bucks County)

Birds of a feather still holds. Mindless gravitate to the mindless "good idea!".

None will consider the ever-present other instruments from which to choose that are in fact employed regularly.

(Bucks County)

Waiting periods did nothing when they were in effect. Just more kumbaya gobblygook
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Waiting periods did nothing when they were in effect. Just more kumbaya gobblygook
    Well if waiting periods don't work, what if we made homicide more illegal?

(Luzerne County)

A 10 year waiting period should work well.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeeper View Post
    So we have all heard about the person who bought the Glock 19 at Iron City Armory and then a few days later killed his GF and himself. Well this AM on the news they are of course blowing it out of proportion, saying PA needs a waiting period for purchase of a firearm.

They are talking to the steeple and saying alot of people think the waiting period is a good idea due to letting people cool off before actually getting the firearm due to crimes of passion... really!!!
    As Streaker pointed out, a "waiting period" would not have done much good because the murderer already "waited" to do wrong. "Crimes of passion"? Yes or no?

To me a "waiting period" is a gimmick meant to convince people that their "right" is a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeeper View Post
    Gear up because the dems are gonna chew this up and try and use it for yet another reason to trickle our rights away piece by piece.

It would make.no difference in my opinion if there is a waiting period. Wake up America!
    A lot of us are constantly vigilant to this non-sense. I would expect Governor Wolf to talk incessantly about "gun safety".

My guess is that the gun control lobby will push for covert gun registration, aka "Universal Background Checks".
    Last edited by GeneCC; January 31st, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by djpup View Post
    A 10 year waiting period should work well.
    The Russians have a five year waiting period on firearms.

You get to buy rubber bullet firearms (traumatic weapons), then you can buy a shotgun.

I think if you are a good boy/girl for five years you can get a centerfire rifle.

Handguns? They're almost impossible for civilians to legally own. Russia has a higher per capita murder with firearm rate than the US.

(Wayne County)

Lets see, I have three days to wait, I'm mad as hell, 3 more days to plan more carnage. I believe all mass shooting just didn't happen in 3 day after some numb nuts went off the deep end. Whats their excuse for Suge Knight running people over, he was mad should they have prevented him from driving for 3 days?
    Last edited by Qtrborecrazy; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:30 AM. Reason: after thought

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast